Best Phrase Ever in CFA Material!

“This topic is outside the scope of this reading” I’m all for learning and understanding the material, but sometimes you just have to know when to say when! Whenever I see this phrase in the books, In my mind I’m saying “Thank God!”

this may just be ME … but it seems many fictional sample companies are described as being in the food packaging or food processing industry. …reaally

Ha Ha. Who doesn’t like reading that.

r-man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for me… it is the “Key Concepts” area of > Scheweser… that tells me that the Chapter is > OVER! I always count the pages until “Key Concepts”, that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel…

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > r-man Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > for me… it is the “Key Concepts” area of > > Scheweser… that tells me that the Chapter is > > OVER! > > > I always count the pages until “Key Concepts”, > that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel… haha, I do the same thing… FINALLY done with Fixed Income. Now, moving on to Derivatives…

I dont remember what chapter this is form or if the words are exact… …on of the disadvantages of the DDM is that “g” is hard to esitmate… I could not stop smiling the day i read this.

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > r-man Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > for me… it is the “Key Concepts” area of > > Scheweser… that tells me that the Chapter is > > OVER! > > > I always count the pages until “Key Concepts”, > that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel… +1

For me it’s ‘This section is optional’… SKIP :stuck_out_tongue:

r-man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for me… it is the “Key Concepts” area of > Scheweser… that tells me that the Chapter is > OVER! FWIW … you probably know this trick by now, but if you tear out all the Key Concepts pages and staple them together, you get a much better version of the Secret Sauce book.

I love the part at the beginning of active portfolio mgmt where it says “candidates are not responsible, within reading 67, for deriving or memorizing the formulas introduced in sections 4-6” Thank christ for that

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > r-man Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > for me… it is the “Key Concepts” area of > > Scheweser… that tells me that the Chapter is > > OVER! > > > FWIW … you probably know this trick by now, but > if you tear out all the Key Concepts pages and > staple them together, you get a much better > version of the Secret Sauce book. i was using that until the sauce came out. There are alot of similarities, but the SS does have a couple helpful charts in there, etc. Overall, its pretty close to the secret sauce, though…