IFRS vs. GAAP Comprehensive Overview

I have some notes on the differences but they are scattered. So I will start this thread in hopes of getting a decent amount of responses for a comprehensive list of the differences between the two methods. I’ll add this one I just read up to start: • Minority interest can be placed in the liabilities for US GAAP, but must be in equity for IFRS

WRONG! minority interest only goes to equity for US GAAP - FAS 160

smileygladhands - u were cold as ice! but correct - @blackbelt - the classification has now changed as IFRS and GAAP converge. Previously they (GAAP) could report as liabilities or mezzanine but now must go to stockholders equity.

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WRONG! > > minority interest only goes to equity for US GAAP > - FAS 160 +1, smileygladhands to the rescue on this bad boy

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WRONG! > > minority interest only goes to equity for US GAAP > - FAS 160 +1, smileygladhands to the rescue on this bad boy I promise not to name my son smileygladhands

I originally thought the same thats why I posted this. But, I just read this in CFAI text… page 254.

CFABLACKBELT - I think this is the best ID on this board.

It’s misinformation like this which makes analystforum a dangerous resource to use.

minority interest under GAAP is in the mezzanine section between liabilities and equity, under IFRS its in equity. or has that changed?

its changed. Min interest is only in equity, and it is now “non-controlling interest”