Anyone just start studying?

So, I just got done with a semester of school and I’m about to get started on the material. My plan is to get through the schweser notes as quick as possible - exactly 1,700 pages w/ skipping book zero. I’m giving myself 17 days for this (because of other commitments), and then 3 days to go through questions in the Qbank and practice tests. Anyone think I can do it? Haha, we will see.

Way too early. I suggest you begin June 1, so that it will get a little bit more challenging for you. No need to do QBank either.

You can do it!!! I’m only a little ahead of you haha. We can do it!!!

I have a study plan which is well suited to someone in your situation… Only study Equity and Ethics, forget all the other topics!! If you get 100% right from Equity and Ethics you’ll get 20% + 10% = 30% (maybe more if there are more than 4 item sets for Equity). Okay, so now you’re at 30%. For the remaining questions on the exam you need to look for the obvious answer (the CFAI like to include little tricks into their questions so the obvious answer is never the correct one). With one of the three choices eliminated you now have a 50/50 change of guessing the correct answer. So the remaining 70% of possible marks * 0.50 = 35%. Okay, so now you’re at 30% + 35% = 65%. All you need is another 5% and you’re at the magic 70% (assumed) pass mark. So a little shifty glancing at you neighbour to get a few freebies and you’re home. Not too bad for 30 something days of study. I don’t know why I started studying back in January :slight_smile: Best of luck

The+1Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Okay, so now you’re at 30% + 35% = 65%. > > All you need is another 5% and you’re at the magic > 70% (assumed) pass mark. So a little shifty > glancing at you neighbour to get a few freebies > and you’re home. > I can’t believe someone on the forums just referenced a little “shifty glancing at your neighbor”. Seriously? Come on, you’re surrounded by people who have pledged to be ethical candidates and upstanding representations of the profession…I understand people joke around on the forums, but you seem to be entirely serious.

Denominator

not a bad idea (minus the shifty glances) But I’d go equity and FSA. Ethics, is mostly the same from level I, and I don’t know about the rest of you, but I could study Ethics exclusively and still not get 100%, they word stuff so weird your inevitably guessing on a couple no matter how well you know the stuff.

If it’s not too late, I would take the money you were going to spend on study materials and buy like 4 ounces of weed. Then buy a really nice bong. Then for those 20 days, just get really really high. The end result will be the same (you won’t have passed the CFA Level 2) but you will have a lot more fun during those 20 days.

job71188 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If it’s not too late, I would take the money you > were going to spend on study materials and buy > like 4 ounces of weed. Then buy a really nice > bong. Then for those 20 days, just get really > really high. The end result will be the same (you > won’t have passed the CFA Level 2) but you will > have a lot more fun during those 20 days. Ahahaha

Funny. Good luck, you’ll need it. Impossible.

read up on the guy that passed this exam in 8 days. Pretty impressive stuff.

i dont want to be a jerk but. i dont see how it could be possible. even if you slept 3 hours a night and spent the rest studying.

mission impossible IV

I think anything is possible. I’m not someone who could do this in 30 days, but there are those that can.

Well he hasn’t posted again, so he’s either not doing it, or he’s studying like crazy. Regardless, barring a lot of luck or some set of insane skills, the result is the same.

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes… twenty days. The naysayers are certainly revving my competitive spirit. Twenty-four hours later and I’ve gone through Quant and a chunk of Econ. Though, the real challenge will be retaining the information. I’ve decided to only use Schweser and not even go through the CFAI end of chapter problem sets. Way too long, but I’m hoping drilling Qbank will make up for it. Either way, pass or not, it’ll be fun giving it a shot. Besides, what else am I going to do, smoke weed everyday?

Stick to EOC CFAI, as well as Schweser Exams Vol 1 &2, if you can get through this stuff a couple of times you will definitely have a fair shot as passing. Don’t waste time with reading the material except to clarify, doing questions and building retention is key.

Dont forget FSA, its half the material of Equities but is likely to comprise the same weight on the test (20%)

eikichionizuka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stick to EOC CFAI, as well as Schweser Exams Vol 1 > &2, if you can get through this stuff a couple of > times you will definitely have a fair shot as > passing. Don’t waste time with reading the > material except to clarify, doing questions and > building retention is key. So, you think the EOC questions would be better than Qbank?

I’ve done Schweser Concept Checkers, CFAI EOC and a few QBank questions (plus a few Schweser practice exams). I think CFAI EOCs are the better than Schweser Concept Checkers & QBank. But practice, practice, practice…take problems where you can get them.