CFAI Mock

Hi guys, How did you all find the official mock that they just released? I scraped a pass (assumed) at 71%. Thought the questions were of a broader nature than Schweser but a little less in depth / technical. Unilever

Haven’t taken it yet, but someone said the questions in the mock exam are comparable to the CFAI EOC questions.

Just took the morning and scored a 75%. The exam wasn’t particularly difficult. As you highlighted the concepts were mostly broad with a few detailed questions here and there. I was actually surprised at my score and was expecting at least an 80%. AA and PM did me in as I got 50% in each =(. I swear I always get 50% in AA, no matter how many times I look back over the topic, every practice exam and even the Qbank Vignettes, always 50%. Ugh. I found I made really dumb errors on about 3-4 problems. “which is INCORRECT” not correct, using the US rate in the numerator instead of the denominator… -_- I think CFAI needs to adjust Q53 that asks about Canadian real rate. Its not particularly clear they are just asking part 1 without reference to the above data. Because if they were, any way you look at it (real or nominal) the US RFR is higher than the Canadian rate. Bah.

78% AM, 78% PM Made at least 4 stupid mistakes in the AM session. NOt happy with my results, really wanted to be at 80% in total. Good thing is there was maybe only 1 or 2 questions where i had to make a total guess…

Got 73.34%. Pleased, missed some obvious questions (like the FCFE stock valuation question). Also got tripped up over the CAD real rate question, interpreted it by using the above data like CFABLACKBELT mentions. Know better now.

Ended up with 78.3%. Was also hoping for > 80, but what are you going to do. I think there was one or two questions where the wording tripped me up, and looking back at the answers I know that I understand the material so I’ll just go with that :slight_smile: Are we allowed to specifically discuss questions that were on there?

Just finished the PM section. Scored an 85%… I honestly have no idea how I got this because I thought the PM was pretty difficult. Well not necessarily difficult, but somewhat nit-picky in the level of detail on some of the conceptual questions. Overall I got an 80%. So I’m satisfied, but I am worried that I got a little lucky in the PM.

This is my first test. I could not remember anything. Got 61%. Sinking feeling. Need to tighten up quite a bit. Need to figure out a strategy.

drk , I hear u brother . I got 65 % . I was actually thinking that it was easy as I was doing it but got cut down to size

I hate it when you think you know the answers and when you grade it you find out otherwise. :frowning:

You guys are already there… good going… will take it once my revision completes… 10 more days…

Yeah I’m on the same pace as you SidL1, good luck

80% in the AM and 76% in the PM…made a few stupid mistakes, could probably have done a bit better if I hadn’t completed each session in about 1,5h without a second check.

kingstongal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 80% in the AM and 76% in the PM…made a few > stupid mistakes, could probably have done a bit > better if I hadn’t completed each session in about > 1,5h without a second check. Wow, that is pretty impressive. You are like the 2010 version of TheAliMan.

Level 1 real exam I finished both papers in half time. If you know it you know it. TBH this year it’ll be closer as I’m working, doing Level II and doing my CIMA exams all at the same time. It hurts.

I have a question did you guys who get 70%+ take the exam under timed conditions without looking at any answers? Because those scores are just ridiculous. I do not believe all you people got over 70% because one thing I can (almost) guarantee is that 2/3 of guys will fail. Sorry to be such a downer but I read the same posts last year and saw the same thing. -Level 2 retaker

and i meant to say 2/3 of YOU guys…

I took the exam under timed conditions. I set the stop watch for 3 hours, but did not look at the time because I knew I was ahead. Did not look for answers. Also the group that came up currently from L1 had the highest passrate on L1 ever. The L1 forum passrate was <10%. Not that this is L1 but if anything the majority of the L1 users myself included, overstudied to the max. Lots of us had >70% in all sections.

cfalover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a question did you guys who get 70%+ take > the exam under timed conditions without looking at > any answers? Because those scores are just > ridiculous. I do not believe all you people got > over 70% because one thing I can (almost) > guarantee is that 2/3 of guys will fail. Sorry to > be such a downer but I read the same posts last > year and saw the same thing. > > -Level 2 retaker If you were to ask me this question last year, I’d be guilty of all the sins you pointed out. Not saying I would’ve passed last year, but I really think this was a big part of my downfall. It really hurts you in the long-run because you don’t truly get a chance (or at least me) to see where your holes are. This year, I made it a point to leave any and all notes behind and NEVER look at any answers until after I finished my exam. How? I ripped out the just schweser exams from my books, stapled them and took my exams at Barnes and Nobles or the NY Public Library on the UES where I was far away from my notes or access to anything I could use to help me answer the questions. I only brought the test, answer fill-in sheet and my calculator. For the mocks I did the same thing (just the tests w/ no answer portion). I never went over my time. But almost didn’t finish the PM Mock yesterday. (Had just 10 minutes left…). I only made revisions if it was in the errata.

cfalover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a question did you guys who get 70%+ take > the exam under timed conditions without looking at > any answers? Because those scores are just > ridiculous. I do not believe all you people got > over 70% because one thing I can (almost) > guarantee is that 2/3 of guys will fail. Sorry to > be such a downer but I read the same posts last > year and saw the same thing. > > -Level 2 retaker What a useless post!!! I was scoring easily in excess of 75-80% on the practice and mock exams for L1 last year and passed no problems.