Starting today!

second time taker here. last time faiiled with band 6. can’t remember a damn thing now. looks like may fail this time too, but gotta give it a try. guys any words of hope / encouragement?

Yes! You should form a study group with JDCandidate.

YOU CAN DO EEET!

Pepp, I don’t know what to tell you, man. Time = money. In this case, work backwards, and you can substitute money for time.Get yourself a complete set of study guides/videos/flashcards/whatevers. To a certain degree, these materials can speed up the learning process. Second, devote every waking minute you have to this thing. If you’re unemployed, great. If you’re employed, use all the vacation days you can. Call in favors, whatever you’ve got to do. Focus on the biggest areas first. You need to nail 55% of the material [55% correct + 1/3 guessing on the remaining 45%] = 70%. I’d suggest pick the 55% that seems most likely to be tested. Ethics is a must. FSA and Equity are the two biggest sections, so you’ve got to do them. After that, pick one of Fixed income, derivatives, or corporate finance. Everything else only do if, by some miracle, you finish the other sections. Your chances aren’t great, but who knows. Good luck.

I am employed and I can’t take vacation anymore cuz I used 3 wks last month. I can however, give 2 hrs everyday after work, and 1 hr reading forum at work. I am focussing on FSA Equity and Ethics. Heres the question breakdown from last year (6 hr exam): 2 - ethics 1 - quant 1 - econ 4 - fsa 4 - equity 2 - derivative 2 - FI 1 - AI 1 - PM 2 - Corp Finance (but this was mixed so well you couldn’t really tell if it was equity or FSA or corp finance). must be the TRICK questions. lol.

Pepp, I just pulled out a calendar and spared you a minute to work this out. Between now and the exam, you’re saying you can spend: 2 hrs/weekday x 19 [memorial day I assume you have off] = 38 hours 8 hrs/weekend day x 7 [included memorial day] = 56 hours. That’s a total of 94 hours. You can’t spare more time than that for an exam given once a year? An exam with a suggested study time of 250 hours? Good luck, brother…

That’s interesting. Last year the allocation on the exam was one “item set” for each study session then the extra two “item sets” rolled into equity and FSA. I wonder if that’s always the case; if so, it bolsters the argument for “leaning on” FSA & equity; significantly. Can anyone cast some light on this?

ruins Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s interesting. Last year the allocation on > the exam was one “item set” for each study session > then the extra two “item sets” rolled into equity > and FSA. I wonder if that’s always the case; if > so, it bolsters the argument for “leaning on” FSA > & equity; significantly. > > Can anyone cast some light on this? I wouldn’t “significantly” lean on FRA and Equity, but would definitely pay more attention to it. This is coming from a retaker that scored above 70 in FRA and Equity.

Don’t worry. I know better than that. I’m just saying that if 6 study sessions carry 8 item sets compared to 12 study sessions carrying 12 item sets, that’s significant!

good to see that FI had 2 and PM had 1… I guess…FI is much easier than PM Thanks for the info pepp… good luck.

Pepp, Buddy, didn’t you do this exact same thing last year? I remember you coming onboard with like five weeks to go last year and wondering what the odds were that you could squeeze out a pass. Anyways, best of luck! I’m probably headed for a L3 fail, so maybe will see you on the forums next year…

this is ridiculous. why even spend the $600 to sit for the exam if you know you have no intention of preparing for it…

How many hours do you think the rest of you have put in? I always try to estimate if I’ve hit the 250 hours but based on how much I know, I don’t think I have.

Do each of the section of the exam in Level 2 tell you which section of the curriculum is being tested?

alta17 even if you were told which ss thequestion came from, you still won’t have a clue on how to do it, cuz thats how much material there is to do and its all overlapping and confusing. also last year i was better prepared than I am this year. and look where that got me, a fail. this year I am just starting, about 25 days to go, last year i put in solid 8+ wks. unfortunate that i can’t remember a thing. this is a beast, and i am under no illusion that ill pass. but i am still going to take the exam cuz i’ve paid $700. should have started studying earlier, but not everything in life goes as planned. wish me luck.

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > alta17 even if you were told which ss thequestion > came from, you still won’t have a clue on how to > do it, cuz thats how much material there is to do > and its all overlapping and confusing. > > also last year i was better prepared than I am > this year. and look where that got me, a fail. > this year I am just starting, about 25 days to go, > last year i put in solid 8+ wks. unfortunate that > i can’t remember a thing. this is a beast, and i > am under no illusion that ill pass. but i am still > going to take the exam cuz i’ve paid $700. should > have started studying earlier, but not everything > in life goes as planned. > > wish me luck. unless you had some sort of life threatening illness or something, people like you royally piss me off. I’ve been busting my ass studying CFA crap (L1 since August and L2 right after L1) for a really long time now. You had tons of extra time that i would have KILLED for on this upcoming L2, and instead of intelligently using it, you pissed it away. So honestly, I hope you fail.