schweser videos enough for ETHICS..???

have just seen the standards looks properly summarized…are they enough for the prep or i have to hit the books or do lots of questions instead?

Its a guaranteed 10% topic weight. I am not under-preparing in ethics. Not being a native English speaking person, find the wording in the ethics problems rather challenging from time to time.

Yahmed, you’ll get different responses. Some people swear by CFAI books and EOC questions. Other say doing Schweser books + Qbank is enough. Personally, I’d say either of the books and a heavy review session with lots of questions is going to do you a lot of good. The videos [I own them] are good, but I would never rely solely on them, not for any section.

Schweser is designed to help you understand, CFAI q’s create a more accurate setting for testing…

Simply reviewing the material won’t be enough, put the time in and do all the questions you can. I just started doing the Finquiz questions and would recommend it if you have the time. They play with the wording a lot, which you’ll find on the real exam (e.g. recommended vs. required practices).

thats a nice insight i got here… will study from CFAI , i think i am ok for code of standards scored 70+ in L1 quick review will do the magic there… will start from soft dollars practices after watching videos… i can do that in 1 day … 1 more advice needed will it good to do that in one go or should i break it down and mixed it with other subjects… GLTA

I am using schweser/qbank to confirm my understanding of this section; however, i recall the 2009 L2 focused more on soft dollars and research standards. That said, I am using CFAI for these areas.

I’ll say it again - the ethics portion is not difficult because it’s hard to understand. From the perspective of somebody who works in the business, what the CFAI considers to be “unethical” is not necessarily “illegal” - and therein lies the rub.