Where did you take the exam?

me: NYC4

at the midtown Hilton

Make the most of your CFA exam prep in one weekend! Join renowned instructors, Peter Olinto, Darren Degraaf & David Hetherington in May for a live, two-day CFA intensive final review class.

Chicago

London.

Although it was almost 25 celsius degrees outside it was freezing in the test center during the morning session. Got somewhat fixed for the afternoon.

Atlanta, Georgia. It was pretty chilly in the exam hall. Not as many people as last year.

NYC3 - Altman Center, Section B

NO EXCUSES

Frankfurt, Germany

In a place where there was only room for 9 x 3 test takers….

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. (The valley of Fear [1914], Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

SFO

Bangladesh (had around 194 candidates here)

Toronto….6K test takers…total **** show

db_4life Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Toronto….6K test takers…total **** show

they had all 3 levels at the same location?

Wow NYC they divide everyone up

bpdulog Wrote:
——————————————————-
> NYC3 - Altman Center, Section B

Section A Brotha. Yo how ridiculous was the announcer dude… he really got into reading off those instructions. “CHEATING IS A VERY SERIOUS OFFENSE”

guangzhou China, 1900.

New Jersey - Meadowlands Exp Center.

Yeah, rather large facility, 3 seperate rooms…was a mess….MLS game going on next door as well, didn’t help the issue…

Philadelphia.

MehdiOchre, where were you?

London - about 8000 I think (see my other post).

I asked for the A/C to be turned down and they said that they had many complaints about the cold and were going to do something about it.

Did anyone see the guy roll under the door in London and then get rejected because he was late!?!! That was hilarious. The shutters were coming down on the door and tried to scramble under the door (like Indiana Jones) but was turned away. Ouch.

Los Angeles test center - Pomona Fairplex - announcer got pissed off after the AM session because people started standing up to leave in the middle of him reading the announcement right before lunch and he yelled “YOU ARE NOT DISMISSED”. He then apologized after lunch.

DTM86 Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Los Angeles test center - Pomona Fairplex -
> announcer got pissed off after the AM session
> because people started standing up to leave in the
> middle of him reading the announcement right
> before lunch and he yelled “YOU ARE NOT
> DISMISSED”. He then apologized after lunch.

Funny.. Same thing in Philly. That announcer was annoying. I think it’s a requirement for them to attempt to be intimidating. he also yelled at people after everyone started walking out. Never apologized though. It’s funny seeing everyone rushing back to their seats like the middle school days.

NJ - Meadowlands. Perhaps 1200 to 1500 in the room. No interesting stories. Some cute proctors though.

RadBikerSouthCO Wrote:
——————————————————-
> NJ - Meadowlands. Perhaps 1200 to 1500 in the
> room. No interesting stories. Some cute proctors
> though.

Our proctors in CHI consisted of some sort of Quakers/Latter Day Saints/Mormons/Shakers/etc. Basically girls dressed in period wear from 1830’s Nebraska + some sort of white bonnet to promote humility and sexual modesty no doubt.

LA as well…

food was better than last year (i got a burger this time); avoid the extra-salty hot dogs at all cost – gave me a tummy ache last year.

1300 in PHL.

Bucharest Romania

In a small town in Europe…

It was not entirely eventless. There was some commotion among the proctors when someone ripped his answer sheet during the ripping-out part. And someone had forgotten a pencil (I gave away one of mine, I had prepared with six sharpened #2 sharpened pencils and two calculators - I noted I was not the only one carrying around two calculators…)

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. (The valley of Fear [1914], Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

CoxCFA Wrote:
——————————————————-
> London - about 8000 I think (see my other post).

> Did anyone see the guy roll under the door in
> London and then get rejected because he was
> late!?!! That was hilarious. The shutters were
> coming down on the door and tried to scramble
> under the door (like Indiana Jones) but was turned
> away. Ouch.

No but there was a latecomer at my site too. An indian-looking guy yanked the door open seconds after it had been shut but technically he was still in time to be allowed to get inside so there was no big deal.

Mumbai, India. The proctors were TOO strict with taking stuff inside… even eraser wrappers and the pouch for the calculator ? Come on now !

Darius-I Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Mumbai, India. The proctors were TOO strict with
> taking stuff inside… even eraser wrappers and
> the pouch for the calculator ? Come on now !

I’m also wrote Mumbai India. That act was pretty lame, to say the least.. But was a good show by CFAI compared to the disaster called the “CFA exams” last year.

LinkedIn - http://is.gd/2tjzT

Facebook Profile - http://bit.ly/4fHz3w

Maybe 1100 people, all three levels.

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. The smell of an old concert hall, ahh…

………………………..
ATH - CFA, CAIA

Boston, bout 2800 … and I had two hot proctors! It was very distracting yet comforting at the same time!