Where did you take the exam?

DAL , TX

mkt hall with all sheeples in one room @ 300-400

Make the most of your CFA® Progam prep in one weekend! Join renowned instructors Peter Olinto & David Hetherington in May for a live, two-day intensive final review class.

I was in the cavernous Excel centre in London. That evening I was spaced out in front of the TV wondering where the last 5 months of my life went, then something caught my eye. Batman Begins was on the TV, and they were driving the Batmobile around in a massive white Excel shaped hall.

Spooky.

Carroll College Helena Montana.
One level III,
Nine level II,
and maybe fifteen level I.

I took it in Omaha. The proctor read at about a 3rd grade level, stumbling over about every third word of the directions. Another proctor went to write the time remaining on the board and spelled it “remaing”. I don’t know where they find these people.

windbag Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Carroll College Helena Montana.
> One level III,
> Nine level II,
> and maybe fifteen level I.

“In 1888, Helena (the current state capital) had more millionaires per capita than any other city in the world.”

Good place to be a Charterholder, I would say.

RahulMulchandani Wrote:
——————————————————-

> I’m also wrote Mumbai India. That act was pretty
> lame, to say the least.. But was a good show by
> CFAI compared to the disaster called the “CFA
> exams” last year.

Damn if this was good I wouldn’t have wanted to be there last year.. I gave my L1 in 2008 so I wouldn’t know but this exam was far from ‘professional’ , was more like giving an exam in an East German prison cell with the STASI looking up your butt-hole for paper rolls.

Rivercenter Saint Paul, MN.

Overall facility was good. Got into an argument with my table at lunch and had to leave. They were discussing a test question and everyone had read the question incorrectly.

Darius, so true. In SF, there were proctors constantly going into the men’s room. I think some guy was repeatedly pretending to go to the bathroom just so he could see whether anyone was trying to take crib notes from their drawers. It gave me a bit of stage fright.

They probably also mentally timed how long people were in there. Anyone with constipation would probably have been written up on suspicion of cheating.

………………………..
ATH - CFA, CAIA

Toronto.

Again, Toronto FC soccer game and loud music in the background in the PM session!!

Chicago 2800

4Tay Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Toronto.
>
> Again, Toronto FC soccer game and loud music in
> the background in the PM session!!

and a lot of helicopters flying around…WTF!!!

são paulo

hey, did the exam start at the sametime for everyone? Or do people in asia do it like 12hours before?

Vancouver

I think it was NYC 1: Metropolitan Pavillion section A

Everyone barely made it inside by 9am.

Washington DC
only 4 people because i wrote on sunday

Abu Dhabi; with about 1/4th the number of test takers as last June simply because Dubai has a center of its own now.

Dublin; about 75% of 450 people (@ all levels) turned up. Up from 50% of 350 last year.

One guy actually turned up and when the exam started he realized he hadn’t brought a pencil. How dumb can you be!

Oh wait- that was me.

Cape Town, South Africa, surprised that the atmosphere is so standardised, I took L1 and L2- 1st attempt in NYC and the proctors look and talk the same - quite impressed that they manage to keep the exam environment the same around the world.

Kingston, Jamaica

Surprised I’m the first person to say Javits Convention Center, NYC. I made the same mistake I made in December and DID NOT PACK A LUNCH. Oh my god, I swear that was the worst pizza I’ve ever had in my life. It was like Elio’s frozen pizza, if Elios was run by Satan.

Side note:
My good study buddy for the past two months showed up at a little after 8AM and we had this conversation:

Me: Good to see a friendly face. What section are you in?
Him: Section B5.
Me: I think they’re all just letters or double letters. Let me see.
[Exam ticket: Clearly says W18th street, about 20+ blocks and several avenues from where we are now]
Him [nearing meltdown]: Oh *%&^. Oh ^&%*.
Me: Stop. Don’t freak out. You’re gonna be cool, but don’t freak out. Go get a cab outside. Get in it, go to the test center. Stop talking. Just go.

He ended up making it with time to spare, but man, what a way to start the exam.

supersadface Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Surprised I’m the first person to say Javits
> Convention Center, NYC. I made the same mistake I
> made in December and DID NOT PACK A LUNCH. Oh my
> god, I swear that was the worst pizza I’ve ever
> had in my life. It was like Elio’s frozen pizza,
> if Elios was run by Satan.
>
>
> Side note:
> My good study buddy for the past two months showed
> up at a little after 8AM and we had this
> conversation:
>
> Me: Good to see a friendly face. What section
> are you in?
> Him: Section B5.
> Me: I think they’re all just letters or double
> letters. Let me see.
>
> Him : Oh *%&^. Oh ^&%*.
> Me: Stop. Don’t freak out. You’re gonna be
> cool, but don’t freak out. Go get a cab outside.
> Get in it, go to the test center. Stop talking.
> Just go.
>
> He ended up making it with time to spare, but man,
> what a way to start the exam.

lol that would’ve been me as well if I hadn’t checked my ticket the night before

figured Javits Center is big enough to accommodate all test takers but I guess not. I was at the midtown Hilton