Schweser/Stalla Only => Pass?

Did anyone pass using Study Note alone? Or is a combination of EOC questions w/ CFAI books paramount to success?

Essentially I did not crack the CFAI books and passed. I would be quick to point out however, that I spent an enormous amount of time with Schweser - watched all videos, read every word of text, did a huge number of Qbank problems, and pretty much spent every spare hour I had studying. So I didn’t use Schweser as a method for spending ‘less time’ studying - just thought it was more logically presented and better written, for my needs.

My CFAI books are still in the box and sealed. You’ll see them on Ebay.

hardly used the CFAI books…too thick…

Opened the CFA texts once to check a formula that wasn’t clear for me in Schweser.

I only used the CFA books for Portfolio Management as they seemed to be the only helpful looking questions. Too many essay type questions in the others.

I used Stalla extensively, CFAI EOC questions during review month. Regretted it right after the exam but obviously it was enough to pass. I do think I’ll use the CFAI material more for L3. Did not like the feeling I had walking out of that exam room.

Used CFAI text/EOC + Schweser Q-bank…

Used almost entirely schweser, but did flip to the books a little, don’t think it really helped much

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Essentially I did not crack the CFAI books and > passed. > > I would be quick to point out however, that I > spent an enormous amount of time with Schweser - > watched all videos, read every word of text, did a > huge number of Qbank problems, and pretty much > spent every spare hour I had studying. So I > didn’t use Schweser as a method for spending ‘less > time’ studying - just thought it was more > logically presented and better written, for my > needs. Ditto. To me the only think worth looking at on the CFAI texts were the EOC’s I would advise to not use the q-bank, I thought the questions were too easy and on FRA the Q-bank did not give any questions that were close to the exam.

STALLA all the way man! I’m a believer!

Schweser Videos + QBank… A LOT of both

Schweser Guide + 50 hours of cramming one week before test = PASS

EOCs only + Schweser books/videos/exams = Pass but didn’t feel great during/after the test.

I didn’t touch the CFAI books. I used only the Shweser notes, did the Q bank extensively and the Practice exams. Scored >70 in all but one section… I second supersadface… I spent a lot of time with the Shweser material. I found it to have the perfect brevity to cover the curriculum fully… But the people who used CFAI books seem to have found the exam easier. If you are using Shweser/Stalla exclusively, you should to read the notes multiple times to get a thorough hang of it…

Kabaka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Opened the CFA texts once to check a formula that > wasn’t clear for me in Schweser. Same, but I’d point out that I didn’t use texts at all to study.

CPAbeatsCFA - What do you plan to do for L3 since PO is not teaching L3

Yup, its possible. I did not touch my CFAI textbooks at all, except to check on the formulas in the Forwards/Futures/Swaps chapters. I read through the Schweser guide 4 times though.

Schweser Only without mock papers as well but its highly not recommended kindly go thru EOC and mocks

I used Schweser all the way (Videos, Text, Q-bank, full length tests) and did not open CFA text book even once and cleared (but not like the way I did in Level-I) However, my confidence was really low after exam and after viewing the comments from other people I think I should have done EoC. I will definitely do that for L-3 don’t want to feel again the sickness of ‘crazy hours of preparation gone waste’ Cheers