December then June..

How did people do when passing December followed by June level? I was fortunate enought to pass because I had plenty of time to study but felt the turn around was rough. Anyone who passed consecutively, trying to take level III next year? I’m very unsure…

I took December then June. Will be tackling level 3 June 2011. I guess I had plenty of time to study as I was laid off in December. Blessing in disguise? lol

Me - 120 for LI (Stalla only), 180 for LII (CFAI Only). LIII next year - CFAI mostly but might do schweser/stalla if I can get a good deal.

L1 - Dec 2009 L2 - Jun 2010 passed - will be taking up L3 in 2011. Given the limited time I had for L2 (and a full time job & a 15 month old son), I focused on grasping the material using schweser videos (made notes using the workbooks) and then reviewed the CFAI text books (did not bother with the scheweser notes). This helped a lot to get through all the fluff in the text books. I did most of the examples and EOC questions. Did not do any timed tests due to time constraint. But I did solve the item sets from couple of schweser practice exams whenever I had the chance (during commute, lunch etc). I made sure I revised whatever I learned in the last week. Also attended the BSAS bootcamp (it wasn’t great but it did help me revise). And it worked! I will start early for L3 this year - same strategy - use schweser videos for understanding the concepts and CFAI texts to re-inforce it.

I passed in December '09 and passed LII. Put in 330 hours.

I wasn’t able to get it done. Before going into L1 in December I had planned on getting started on Level 2 studying quickly. I was very confident going into the test but not confident at all coming out of it. As a result, I didn’t end up studying for L2 until I got my results. Having stuff added to my work plate didn’t help, but I could have put in more time than I did. I feel like I have more than enough time to get it down next summer though. Wish they would offer it this December though.

i did L1 in Dec and L2 in june, and it was a pretty miserable existence. I will do l3 this coming june to try and finish it off - have plenty of months to recover this time

same experience as smileglandhands. Its dueable but I wouldn’t recommend it if you want to enjoy your life. Good luck!

I Passed L1 in Dec and Passed L2 in June. If possible I would highly advise not to do it, all I can say is that it sucked royal ass. I’m probably the least intelegent L3 student but I was smart enough to realize I needed to put in some time. L1 I studied 350+ hours I did 70+ on all but Drivs and FRA L2 I studied 450+ hours, it was total hell. I was scoring great on all mock exams but the FRA part’s of the exam killed me, I made it up on Ethics, FI and Alts. In December of 2009 I thought I was 60%+ that I passed so I borrowed some books from a friend and started to study on December 28, 2009 I studied 7 days a week missing only 8 days from 12/28/09 - 6/5/2010. My advise is to start early, anyone that can pass starting in late Feb with under 250 or 300 hours is highly impressive to me. I start L3 tomorrow, I plan to be through all of the DVD’s and Schweser EOC’s by end of September.

Same here- Lvl I in Dec2009 and Lvl II in June 2010 – thankfully . Pretty average student , but loads of luck to be able to clear first time for both

i passed L1 in dec '08, L2 in june '09, and am currently awaiting my L3 result. if you guys are anything like me you are planning to make full use of the full year you have, and think you will be done studying way ahead of time, and meanwhile will end up in just as much of a time crunch before L3 as you did for L2.

i would advise most people against doing an L1 Dec and an L2 the following June, unless you are unemployed, then go to town! Its really no fun, and there were a couple times i just wanted to throw my hands up and say “screw this!”. It’s one of the hardest things i’ve ever done, and i’m proud of it, but now that i’ve done it, looking back does getting the charter 1 year earlier make that much of a difference in your career? probably not…

^^L3 tomorrow? Wow you are determined my friend

i’m taking a break - wife had a baby at the end of may and am just gonna enjoy being a dad for a while - figure if i start L3 studying in late november, thats basically 2 full months i didnt have studying for l2 - should be plenty of time, i hope…

Dec 09 L1 - pass June 10 L2 - pass I agree with everyone that it sucked ass, but looking back it was worth it. I will definitely be taking L3 next june. I just want to get the program done asap.

Dec 09 L1 - pass June 10 L2 - pass saves a lot time

Dec 09 L1 pass June 10 L2- pass Schweser ftw.

Dec 09 L1 - pass (Stalla) June 10 L2 - pass (Stalla) Being from IT background and no experience in financial markets, L2 was sure hell. Glad I am done with it.

Like plenty of others, did L1 in Dec '09, and L2 in June 2010. Passes on both. I managed to keep a full-time job for the whole period as well as a decent relationship going (now in its fourth year, god bless her). When I see people talk about attempting this when they were pregnant/had a newborn/relocated countries, etc, I realise how easy I had it. Seriously, if you want to do the exams back-to-back, there is nothing that can stop you if you are committed and SERIOUSLY PUT IN THE TIME. Worth pointing out that I got up literally at 5 or 5:30 just about every weekday from Feb till June in order to study before - as well as after- work.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Like plenty of others, did L1 in Dec '09, and L2 > in June 2010. Passes on both. > > I managed to keep a full-time job for the whole > period as well as a decent relationship going (now > in its fourth year, god bless her). > > When I see people talk about attempting this when > they were pregnant/had a newborn/relocated > countries, etc, I realise how easy I had it. > Seriously, if you want to do the exams > back-to-back, there is nothing that can stop you > if you are committed and SERIOUSLY PUT IN THE > TIME. Worth pointing out that I got up literally > at 5 or 5:30 just about every weekday from Feb > till June in order to study before - as well as > after- work. I agree with this 100%. I was in a similar situation as you. Congrats, man.