When do you plan to start studying??

When do you guys plan to start studying for the Level 2 exam. Any pros/cons of starting early (beyond the obvious)?

Unless you just passed level 1, you’re already behind the crowd. My study group is finishing corporate finance today. Thats 50% of the material covered.

Late May.

I need a red bull to get me going in da mawning

50% complete? I just took Level I and I am planing on starting Jan 3.

Pgiger Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Unless you just passed level 1, you’re already > behind the crowd. i disagree.

I disagree two

I took level II this past June after level I in Dec. 2009, started studying early Feb. and got a band 10. If you start now and really hit it hard you should be fine.

Im got the FLU bug with a high fever last week. Its going on seven days and Im still feeling the effects…Im about 50% through the material, but now I really feel like somebody threw a monkey wrench in my system…

next week

Would you say that the start of January is too late to start studying? I passed L1 in June and planned to take L2 in June 2012. I’d planned to start studying around next October for it. However I’m now thinking about doing it next June but I fear I won’t have enough time to get the material covered and then revise. What do ye think?

JMUMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took level II this past June after level I in > Dec. 2009, started studying early Feb. and got a > band 10. If you start now and really hit it hard > you should be fine. That must be hard knowing you were standing right there at the passing line.

^ Yep it’s pretty frustrating, I’d almost rather have missed it by a considerable margin. At least this time I can be pretty confident that I’ll nail it.

@Mr_Magoo: Join the club even I had initially planned for taking lvl 2 in June '12 but again had a change of mind last month. Have just got the schweser lvl 2 notes early this month and am yet to touch them as my work schedule is very hectic. Planning to get started with them this weekend and I am pretty sure that there will be lot of people who even havent got their material let alone the preparation thingy.

I started late October. Just finished FSA now, 40% of testable material covered and reviewed frequently. I really think if you haven’t started already, you are putting yourself at a big disadvantage.

I started in the final week of September. I had the Flu in December which set me back about a week or two. But, I will be all the way through Equity by the end of December (60-70% of the entire curric). I def agree with ‘mbolzicco.’ I am on track to have the entire curric finished by end of Feb. This will leave me 12-14 weeks to do: 1) make a second pass through the curric (its always faster the second time) 2) hit Qbank and EOC questions 3) take mock exam during last 4 weeks I can tell you right now…L2 is much more complex then L1, and there will be alot L2 retakers from June '10 we’re up against. The CFAI says 250 hours is enough to pass. We all know you should double that number, especially for L2…

if you are halfway done with the material now, have fun re-learning it all in the 5 months you will have left over. I was burnt out with L1 in April, and I spent almost 1.5 months taking exams. It gets old real quick and yes you start to forget shit. The material is not so complex that it will take you weeks to solve one LOS. Starting in January is plenty of time, especially if you are not working or can dedicate a good amount of effort to the process (no family, 2nd job etc)

Learning the material twice is fine by me, thats how you learn. You learn, you forget, you learn, you forget, you learn and you got it. If you learn it once, then glance over it again before go time you’ll be learning it again for June 2012.

I took L1 in Dec 2009 and started studying for L2 in early Jan 2010. Of course I didn’t know whether I had passed L1 by then, but I figured that I needed to get cracking if I was going to stand any chance at L2. L2 is a real nightmare…there is a ton of material and the number of formulas is seriously scary! So get started and don’t look back!