Calculation Heavy sections

Hi all, I was wondering which are the sections that requires lots of calculations? Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe derivatives…but dont be scared of them, they WILL make sense at the end. I been avoiding quant, it is the only thing I have yet to master. I guess it is also calculation heavy? Someone care to share?

Thanks gulfcfa, I heard Level 2 has more calculation than did in Level 1 exam. I am guessing FSA and Equity will be heavily calculation questions too.

i am going though the corporate finance/valuation calculation jungle at the moment.

well, there are a lot of calculation in the curriculum yes. They tend to be longer and more multistep, but not realy very complex. If you are asking about the exam, I guess thats for repeaters to share with us. Maybe we should have a thread titled “repeaters”, where repeaters share their experience.

gulfcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe derivatives…but dont be scared of them, > they WILL make sense at the end. > > I been avoiding quant, it is the only thing I have > yet to master. I guess it is also calculation > heavy? Someone care to share? Aren’t you being investigated by the PCP? How are you even eligible to take Level II?

Off the top of my head: Equity reversion after tax in alternative assets Calculating the price per share in one or two rounds of financing for private equity Residual Income questions where they want you to calculate it for a specific year Binomial interest rate problems on bonds Binomial option trees for European and American options Caplet and Floorlet trees Some pension concepts Some current rate/temporal rate concepts require multiple steps and calculations Some quant concepts require multiple steps and calculations Corp finance