Will not choose E-book again!

I really regret purchasing the electronic version of the CFAI textbooks. I live in Shanghai, and thought the E-book will cause me less trouble with the shipping and customs. It did that, but instead I have to deal with the E-book nightmare! It’s 3pm here, and the website is in freaking maintenance! Plus it takes a long time to flip between the pages, which is very inefficient when doing practice problems. I won’t get the E-version next year for sure!

same here. ebooks are the worst.

bad, but you can download them.

Haven’t had any issues with E book. Why didn’t u download them instead of using the website? E books, in fact, are quite useful in terms of searching for anything you are looking for.

easily the worst thing ever

Agreed - the e-books are terrible. Lesson learned.

let me repeat what others have said: download the ebooks. They’re great if you do that. The ability to do a search (ctrl-f) has saved a good amount of time.

Even with downloaded books, it is pretty crappy product. Just try to scroll through pages - quickly. Or if you want to jump to a specific page. Page up and down works sporadically - without any specific rationale. Even the search is iffy. Pdf would have been much better. AC Danny Boy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > let me repeat what others have said: download the > ebooks. They’re great if you do that. The > ability to do a search (ctrl-f) has saved a good > amount of time.

I have found the ebooks to be extremely useful. Had to download them though. They are ridiculously large files so I understand why some haven’t done so.

I agree that they should have provided them in a format that was friendly to ereaders such as PDF but I have used both and now in the revision phase doing the search is a great time saver. Also useful to print specific pages onto pdf and print at the office. I also used it to put sections onto my ereader for the commute. Having said that, nothing beats ripping out the glossary as soon as you get the hard copy.

the printing feature SUCKS!!!

They should get some tips from of the prep providers on how to do electronic versions.