Will the test be calculation intensive, or less math more qualitative wrath?

Thoughts?

Mostly quant. It takes a long time for the calcs. Otherwise they would increase the number of questions.

it’ll be about the same as the mocks right?

dude, just go in prepared to calc as much as you can. Funny enough I think Quant usually doesnt include too many calculations on the exam. Just know the ANOVA table and how to detect and fix regression violations for quant.

CFAI guidelines are 30-40% calculations. There will probably be a few conceptual questions where calculations would help, though.

is this true? Where is the CFAI guideline which says that?

i can bet on it that even if its concept intensive, u may need to do some calculations of ur own to find out the correct answers … so u can say both are equally weighted

I don’t think this exists anywhere - the test will be more quantitative than L1. Prepare for calculations.

I believe , calculations are better than tricky conceptual questions which can be very confusing

2014 Mocks didnt feel very quantitative…if anything they were conceptual…

if you know how to do it most of the calculations wouldnt take long…

They’ll have plenty of quantative type questions that overload you with worthless data points that don’t apply to the calculation. it’s fun

for what it’s worth, Andrew Holmes from Schweser says the exam will be about 70% conceptual/30% quantitative

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard from a number of Level II candidates that they used their calculators a lot _ less _ than they expected to.

So . . . either it will have lots of calculations . . . or else it won’t.