why 'write' the exam?

with the exception of L3, why do people refer to taking the exam as ‘writing it?’ all we’re doing is filling in bubble circles, aside from writing our name there’s no writing involved.

I think it’s an “outside the U.S.” thing. Like color vs. colour for the crazy Brits and Canadians.

Or going to “university.”

Ya don’t say college in Canada, it means crappy 2 ur technical degree after high school, like a wannabe Also it is colour and write the exam :slight_smile: I’ve been in the us for a few years but i still say university not college haha

billy22g Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Or going to “university.” and here I was trying to figure out how else to say “going to university” and yes I will be “writing” the CFA exam in 2 days… and yes I am Canadian… Go Canucks!!

Scarlet you sound like that beer commercial: I am Canadian Haha

canadiananalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Scarlet you sound like that beer commercial: I am > Canadian > Haha they stole my line :wink: btw, we should stop making an issue out of ‘writing the exam’ They might just include it in CFA ethics that it’s a violation to say it that way or come up with the US GASS (US Generally Accepted Speech Standards) so we’ll have to say everything the “US” way

Funny!

I’m more interested in the phrase “give” the exam. I think that’s just the ferreners mixing up the usage of the words give and take in English.

Series 1-0 for Van - woo hoo. PEIslander living in London - what about you both?