1 exam per year, why ??

I just failed L2 because I was sick the exam day and stressed alot so I couldnt focus. what if I fail next year too, how many years it takes to finish then? why the exam is just once a year? maybe I would be better off if I studied other certificates .So how to deal with this situation, any suggestion please ?

Unfortunately, preparing and grading the exams takes a huge amount of time (especially for L3), that’s why L2 and L3 are offered only once a year. There are many discussions on this board on other certifications (FRM, PRM, CAIA, etc.)

I think that’s a pretty poor excuse… There is clearly strong demand for more frequent exams. The problem is that the supplier has the market cornered and has no incentive to respond… The main issue is that there is no substitute for the CFA designation… We need some healthy competition damn it :slight_smile:

SFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think that’s a pretty poor excuse… There is > clearly strong demand for more frequent exams. > The problem is that the supplier has the market > cornered and has no incentive to respond… The > main issue is that there is no substitute for the > CFA designation… We need some healthy > competition damn it :slight_smile: And devalue the certification you’re hoping to pursue?

amresmadi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just failed L2 because I was sick the exam day > and stressed alot so I couldnt focus. what if I > fail next year too, how many years it takes to > finish then? why the exam is just once a year? > > maybe I would be better off if I studied other > certificates .So how to deal with this situation, > any suggestion please ? to filter out jabronis such as yourself.

Why would competition necessarily devalue the certification? I think I understand what you are saying. Why would you want anything better than CFA to come along because then we would be the suckers having invested in the 2nd tier qualification. Correct? I think the process would be a little more dynamic than that. Instead of blowing CFA out of the water, it is more likely that a new entrant would nip at the heels of CFA and encourage the CFAI to pick up its game.

profit maximization

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > amresmadi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I just failed L2 because I was sick the exam > day > > and stressed alot so I couldnt focus. what if I > > fail next year too, how many years it takes to > > finish then? why the exam is just once a year? > > > > maybe I would be better off if I studied other > > certificates .So how to deal with this > situation, > > any suggestion please ? > > > to filter out jabronis such as yourself. -1

this is to avoid over supply of CFA charterholders.

CFAI is a nonprofit. iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > profit maximization

They should make it once in two years and cut the passing rate to 10%.