Here's to the spouses and kiddo's

I could have never passed level 2 without my wife’s support. This exam can get excruciatingly painful when you both work full time and there is a kid in the mix. When I passed level 2 my wife was probably happier than me and she also started to figure out what the whole program means. Now she is hoping for only one more go (as am I) and is prepared to help again next year. So here is to all the spouses who played a significant role!

zneward Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I could have never passed level 2 without my > wife’s support. This exam can get excruciatingly > painful when you both work full time and there is > a kid in the mix. When I passed level 2 my wife > was probably happier than me and she also started > to figure out what the whole program means. Now > she is hoping for only one more go (as am I) and > is prepared to help again next year. > > So here is to all the spouses who played a > significant role! Congrats zneward ! Am glad you put a smile on your loved ones faces :stuck_out_tongue:

My wife is carrying our first child and has been supportive of me all along. I had to leave home for a few days to attend the exam as well and it was difficult for her. Couldn’t have done this without her - so here’s to her. And to my kiddo, who will be learning about discounted cash flow models once he masters his basic arithmetics. Not going to be fair if I am the only one doing it when you just sit there and suck your thumb eh son? :slight_smile:

you are extremely lucky! my husband started affairs, soul searches and scandals with throwing me out of house (because of his cheatings) shortly before the exam))))))))) I am looking forward to doing this exam as a single now!

I dont even have a wife :-

zneward Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- When I passed level 2 my wife > was probably happier than me I agree. My wife keeps saying it over and over (“I can’t believe you passed L2!”) because I was certain I had failed and so she had prepared herself for another 7 months of no husband. She’s so excited. PositiveOutlook: You are MUCH better off without that d bag! What toilet scum that dude must have been.

Alladin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats zneward ! Am glad you put a smile on your > loved ones faces :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll put a smile on your wife’s face…

WOW - PositiveOutlook - you are saying while you were studying for Level I your husband was out chasing tail … thats cold. Well good luck for Level II without the dramas. I am sure there are plenty of “study partners” available for you out there :slight_smile:

Hey PositiveOutlook! I can teach you 'Hetero’skedasticity… :stuck_out_tongue:

If you and I were stock indexes, we’d be trading sideways, if you know what I mean.

I think we spooked her away ohai :frowning:

Yeah… that’s probably why there are so few girls here…

I’ll move some assets around her portfolio.

trimonious2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zneward Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > When I passed level 2 my wife > > was probably happier than me ditto. my girlfriend was ecstatic, while i was just relieved to pass.

zneward Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I could have never passed level 2 without my > wife’s support. This exam can get excruciatingly > painful when you both work full time and there is > a kid in the mix. When I passed level 2 my wife > was probably happier than me and she also started > to figure out what the whole program means. Now > she is hoping for only one more go (as am I) and > is prepared to help again next year. > > So here is to all the spouses who played a > significant role! +1K Wife + 2 little kids! Wife is such a hero! Definitely wouldn’t have passed without her unconditional support and encouragement! She’s a super-woman.

AAAAnd to my hubby. He helped me a lot in passing L1. He gave up his social life for me and remained around to support and motivate me. So sweet of him :slight_smile:

awww i feel giddy and jealous

I’m happy that I’m doing these exams in my early 20s, because I can’t imagine how I would manage to prepare for them with wife and kids. It seems that this CFA stuff is just not for family people.

Agree. My wife was a trooper for months. For months, I came home from work at 6:30pm to a hot dinner, played with the kids (baby and toddler) for 10 minutes, and then went to study by 7pm for the rest of the night. She fed, bathed, and put both young ones to bed. Any parent knows how hard that is to do by yourself. Then I was out of the house studying for most of the day each Sat and Sun. By being both the mom and the dad for months, she allowed me to study for Level I, and cried her eyes out when I passed.

optiix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m happy that I’m doing these exams in my early > 20s, because I can’t imagine how I would manage to > prepare for them with wife and kids. It seems that > this CFA stuff is just not for family people. I agree completely. I’m glad that I took level 1 while still in school and now will be taking level 2 while I am finishing school and starting work in January. I’d assume that doing these exams while married, working full time, and even having kids just adds to the difficulty and pressure. I consider myself lucky to be able to get these exams out of the way at an early age. I have spoken to a couple of people that have made it to level 2 and just got caught up in careers, family stuff, etc and never made it to take level 3.