Yippie! Registered for level II

Registered for level 2, got more than 500 discount, had to pay more than 1100 for level 1 due to the late registration, expecting books in a week.

I don’t understand the part about “got more than 500 discount”. What do you mean by this?

This is supposed to be the early bird discount. Last time I had to pay a lot when I registered for level 1, as I had registered just before 3rd deadline. This discount is shown on the payment distribution page. If you have already registered, you should have got this too. :slight_smile:

it is not really a discount they just waived the membership fee for you cuz you r not lvl 1 candidate anymore.

passme Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it is not really a discount > they just waived the membership fee for you cuz > you r not lvl 1 candidate anymore. I don’t know if that is correct, the screen said “discount”. I just looked at the distribution again on my mail just to confirm, and it clearly says discount. Perhaps you guys are right. They are claiming the waiving of membership fee as discount. However, I heard that there is some advantage of registering early. And I knew that from last time. When my friend registered before deadline 1 for level 1, he had to pay approx $800, but I paid $1200. Clearly, there is some advantage of registering early.

sgupta is referring to the fee schedule which incentivises candidates to register early. The cost rises from $650 up until 9/21 to $745 until 2/15 and to $1,005 until 3/14. Here is the schedule: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/process/fees/Pages/index.aspx

“Yippie”? seriously man? lol … postpone this yippie for may 2012 and get some hard working going …

Bilal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Yippie”? seriously man? lol … postpone this > yippie for may 2012 and get some hard working > going … +2