Band 10 - thoughts?

Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% -Alternative Investments18–*– -Corporate Finance36––* -Derivatives36*–– -Economics18––* -Equity Investments72––* -Ethical & Professional Standards36–*– -Financial Reporting & Analysis72–*– -Fixed Income Investments36–*– -Portfolio Management18––* -Quantitative Methods18–*– this is a BAND 10 FAIL. FML!!!

i was band 10 last year, really worked my butt off too, granted it was more cramming the last 2 weeks. passed this time around, started earlier but spaced things out more. the one thing i found really helpful was tutorial/videos…

They must weight sections differently each year. We will never know. I think derivatives got more importance this year.

This matrix:

Minimum 59% Maximum 78% Average 69%

Twice band 10…I am telling that to everyone who cares to hear…thought plz!??

Ouch man you were probably a question or 2 away.

this blows… i sure failed, but to hope that i was so close to pass, is finding higgs boson except not being able to prove it.

Where is dreary? I hope he passed… cuz that’d redeem me much.

on my personal scorecard, i am pissed effing off.

The second time around is much easier man. You have to put in twice the effort if you want to make sure you pass, and by that I mean at least 7 practice exams.

Your plight is surely greater than mine. Feel sorry for you. Identify your weak areas and work harder, for me FRA/Derivates/FI is going to be the focus next year.

All I can say is that you’re a genius! I thik if you just put in some extra time, you’d kill this thug easily.

Don’t give up. Two yrs ago I failed Level II as a band 10. Studied my a$$ off and passed last year. Hoping for similar results from Level III in about 2 weeks…

I failed twice (both with10 bands) and I change my studying style to emphasis CFAI EOC questions and past mock exams (Schweser and CFAI). This approached worked as I passed this time around.

The most difficult aspect of failing with a 10-band is putting away your pride and restarting the studying process. You need to forget about the past and move forward – it’s really tough to do but you should be rewarded for doing so.

You are right…freaking pride!..and thanks for inspiring.

Yes, thank god I got a band 9 instead of 10. I studied alot so I was ok to see a 9. Obviously I would have loved a pass, but I really think 8-9 is the best outcome if you were to fail. A 10 would piss me off. Below a 5 would make me question if I should take it after all that preparation.

What was year strategy in first two years?

I failed band 10 and it was my first attempt. The feeling just sucks!

i was so embarassed last year … not only failed but with band 4. Forget about the bands … just think you need to do better. Change up styles of stydying - i failed 1st year because not enough focus on practice questions. Do all the examples from CFA book - example problems, plus the ones on back of each chapter. Plus some Sch. notes and thier end of chapter question. Some mocks - and re-reading materails to keep them in mind (i found i kept forgetting - and going through 3 passes on each Sch notes, helped a lot). That helped me pass this time around.

Lastly, the most difficult part is to practice staying focused on a two 3 hour exam. Even though you know materials, it sometimes get garbled up in the pressure, long time sitting etc etc. Stil had issues with finishing question at the end - so i left my weakest parts for last, and randmoly guessed those (or did a quick read and more or less made educated guess on few secttions).

wow, you actually did equal or better than me in almost every cat : but it looks like you need a stronger foundation in accounting.

Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 * - - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

Hi Guys,

I failed in Band 10. I am bit surprised with my Equity score which is <50%.

I want to know if retabulation of the scores manually would increase my chance of passing.

This is my scorecard. Could someone tell me if it is worth going for retabulation with my scores.

Q#TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70% -Alternative Investments18–* -Corporate Finance36–* -Derivatives36-*- -Economics18*-- -Equity Investments72*-- -Ethical & Professional Standards36-*- -Financial Reporting & Analysis72–* -Fixed Income Investments36-*- -Portfolio Management18*-- -Quantitative Methods18–*

In summary I have <50 in Equity, Portfolio, and Economics. I saw many people who have passed have <50 in Portfolio and Economics. So I feel Equity was the one that failed me, so need your thoughts on retabulation here.

Thanks

someone on this forums failed with a band 4 last year and went on to pass this year - I’d say if you’re motivated enough, you should do it - work on your weaknesses, do as many practice questions as you can get your hands on, and hope for the best -