2013 Curriculum anyone started already?

My first post in the Level II forum! Woo hoo!

Anyway, I just saw that the 2013 curriculum is posted here http://www.cfainstitute.org/CFA%20Program%20Study%20Session/2013_L2_combined.pdf

Anybody getting started already? I had a struggle finally passing I so I plan to get in at least 500 hours. That means I need to start by August if I don’t want to cram it all in at the end. Anyone else getting started early?

I started studying L2 in Febuary just after I got my L1 results. After about a month I decided against taking it in June 2012 because I was also starting a new job. But I had good momentum going into studying and have been finding a couple free hours every week to do some studying. I’ve already finished reading schweser notes and have taken notes off the readings as well as finished flash cards.

From now until the exam I’m going to do CFAI end of chapter questions, CFA EOC questions. Q bank and mocks. Hopefully I will get a chance to go through CFAI readings and examples all at an easy pace. Then the last 2-3 months leading up to the exam I will be hitting practice problems really hard.

I know that this is a litlte out of the norm and sometimes I fear that I will “peak” too soon before the exam and mess it up, but it’s always better to be over prepared for tests like this.

Starting early also helps deal with life’s unexpected curveballs and unavoidable emergencies…

Yup I just registered. A few people told me level 2 was a lot harder than level 1 so I am starting early…

You don’t have to start now, but you should start soon (September or October). I would start with light reading (no more than 5 to 10 hours a week) to the end of December. Hopefully by then you have read through most of the material. In January start to get serious (15 to 20 hours a week). If anyone tells you that’s too much ask them if they passed Level 2. If they say yes, ask them if they passed on their first try. If they still say yes, remember 58% of Level 2 candidates failed and probably wished they started this earlier.

i cant start before december… have to prepare for another exam in november…

I registered today and my plan is to start with light reading, like simply_put7 suggests… I will start to get serious, as soon as the Schweser notes/videos will be available…

Misswalstreet even I had a tough time in passing level1 so even am planning to start early just wanted to know for level2 which provider would be good scheweser or élan? I have used scheweser for lev1 but have heard élan is good pls suggest.

Have my study schedule built out in excel starting beginning of September. Scattered some breaks throughout and left 6 or 7 weeks before the exam for final review time. But i may do some light reading before then if i get really bored.

I have registered for th CFA level 2 and will start preperation as soon as I recieved the Books. Anyone knows is till what time schezer material would be available.??

I’ve received the curriculum - looks much more interesting than Level I ! Am not dreading this so much. Plus, I started Level I so late (stupidly budgeted about two months of study), that it will be nice for me to take some time over the material!

Material is released in phases between like Aug/Oct and like Apr/May… check their website it lists all the material and their release dates.

http://www.schweser.com/cfa/cfa2.php

u should see at the end of the page a link where it tells u a when each product will be released

thnx matori and highrisk