Finished my first read!!! Wooh!

I told some matess that I finished my first read of the material, I even told my girlfriend…None of them were very excited for me or gave me a pat on the back.

So I thought i’d come here and let you all know. Ahhh! Feels like a bit of a relief! I’m actually looking forward to tomorrow when I start again and hit up the CFAI EOC and BB.

Feeling good.xx

ahhh… I’m so envious!!

Congratulations laugh

pat on the back

Good job

I am doing similar to you, I went through once (mostly a mix of schweser readings and videos) and now doing EOC and BB. I am starting with larger weighted sections, finished equity and in the middle of FRA. The BB take a long time to go through so I am trying to figure out if I want to drop BB or just do them selectively (for sections that I have more trouble with). I wanted to finish the EOC and BB by the end of March as my problems in the past had to do with not doing enough practice questions/mocks. I am thinking if I do all BB this would take me almost into May before I can start doing mocks.

Good job. Are you using primarily Schweser? Don’t get discouraged if you start your review, and can’t recall everything. It happens to all of us. Good luck

*can’t recall anything :smiley:

That’s awesome - *pat on the back* - Did you use Schweser for your first pass? Besides BB/EOC, what are you planning to use/do for your second pass?

Cool

I am struggling to finish first pass

I must try to stay off this forum. Well done. you have plenty of time to review. I will prolly struggle to complete my first pass by April 20.

i’m in the same predicament! I’ve just started on the big weighty readings, FRA first. The BB seem to be taking quite a while…and as you say, if they are this intense, it’s going to take me a long time to finish all the BB and EOCs.

I’m going to keep going with the BB and EOC for the time being. I will certainly make sure that I do all the BB and EOC for equity and FRA. Then i’ll have a think about some of the other less weighty topics. I’ve got a few days off work, so my aim is to finish FRA and Equity BB and EOC by Saturday (i’m in Ireland for St-Paddys with the GF)… That’s 4 chapters a day at around 2/3hrs per chapter. I think it’s do able.

During my first pass, I only read the schweser notes and did the EOC from schweser. I also made a formula sheet. It’s actually 10 pages, 1 for each topic. I plan to add to it as I go through the questions and make small additions. It’s at font size 8, and tiny borders.

The plan is; If I can answer all the quesitons that are thrown at me by only using my formula sheet, I’ll be in very good shape. That way, i’ll only need to memorise my formula sheet before the exam day.

Add to my formual sheet. Make my formula sheet look pretty. Condense my formula sheet.

If I am really tired in the evening I will watch a lecture. Last night at around 11pm I put on the deriv Swaps lecture as I didn’t fully understand it during my first reading. I might also do some Qbank…as they’re normally quite easy and it’s a really good way to bed down some of the key concepts.

These next fews weeks is where the real learning happens!!

That’s great… Don’t worry, it’s normal for everyone in your life who is not a CFA candidate to not share your enthusiasm at finishin your first pass, actually making sense of Fixed Income or getting all the questions on an item set correct :slight_smile: That’s what AF is for!

I am still on my first pass… Schweser pluse CFA BB and EOC… have a book and a half to go. Plan to finish by mid April and then review. Feel like I don’t remember most of the stuff I studied in the beginning.

Are you planning on doing QBank? Still looking at what’s out there… hear Schweser is not great. Anyone using Finquiz?

Good luck guys, T-81 days to having a normal life… for roughly six months until it all starts again.

I was looking at my schedule this morning… holy eff that’s a lot of pages to cover in one month. But things have been going surprisingly fast lately. When did you start this read pokhim? (Weren’t you a december writer?)

I’m starting the last book tonight. Congrats on your first pass!

Just wondering how many % of people have finished first pass tillnow cool

God bless you if you sat in December. I sat in June and began reading in November - I’m several weeks into review at this point. I can attest to the theory that most of the learning happens in this phase (in case you’ve forgotten what happened at L1 or have grown pessimistic/doubtful). It’s been surprising to see how much I actually do remember and how things that evaded me during my first read have “clicked” with little extra effort this time around.

I’ll be done with the first pass (started mid January) in the next few days.

gf’s just dont understand it. I told mine that i aced the pension accting and she gave me a shrug…

gf= tension accounting cheeky

How have you managed this? Are you using strictly Schweser, unemployed, or just putting in insane hours?