10 study days until exam day... study plans ??

With 10 days of study remaining, what are everyone’s plans?? Being realistic, only having about 5-6 hrs of “good/productive” studying per day…anything more than that will lead to burnout on test day i believe.

my plan…

(just finished 3rd review of Equity)

Wed: FRA review and practice ?s

Thurs: FRA review and practice ?s

Fri: Deriv / FI

Sat: Quant / Econ

Sun: PM / Alt Inv

Mon: Deriv/ FI again

Tues: Equity again

Wed: FRA again

Thurs: vignettes of each section from misc mock exams

Fri: flashcard/formulas and Ethics

thoughts? your plans?

I’d recommend you do as many mocks as possible. Doing individual topics every day during the last week won’t be very effective.

my thought process was around being more “fresh” on each topic, nailing down formulas and concepts one more time, since doing a few vignettes could miss important concepts (i.e. the CFAI mock didnt even have Pensions on it this yr)… are you saying that at this point i know what i know and it’s more important to “practice” the 3 hr sets and focus on time management and doing vignettes?

I understand your point of view. I’ll tell you what I’m planning - I’m reading the Eleventh hour guide and redoing the EOCs to ensure that the material is fresh in my mind. But as soon as I’m done with it (which should be by tomorrow or latest day after), I plan to do mocks.

CFAI tends to integrate various readings in one vignette. Unless you’re good at reading the comprehension, understanding how everything adds up together and are able to finish it within the time limit, it’s gonna be very difficult no matter how well you know the material.

It was different for L1 since we have individual questions and much of it was from knowing the material, rather than understanding and applying the concept. I’d recommend you finish your review asap and focus on practice papers. I’d also recommend the older CFAI mocks over Schweser.

• Reviewing all notecards (contain all formulas plus my notes)

• Reviewing all EOCs (almost done)

• Take CFA 2013 Mock Friday (took four so far - CFA 2012, 2 Schweser, Schweser Live)

• Figure out how to increase my Ethics score (Review all problems I’ve already done, do all ethics Qbank, re-read CFA text for SD and ROS)

• Do practice problems focussing on particular areas that I am having trouble with (specific areas such as pension, residual income, etc.)

• Maybe two more mocks

how can you get a copy of CFAI 2012 mock ?

start taking mock exams… beginning with book 1 exam 1 today.

give me your email

jamiercook@yahoo.com

Really? You planned to review Equity four times and do no mocks?

Final month should be strictly mocks and mock reviews.

not reviewing Equity 4 times, it’s my 4th pass through the info. ive been studying since October and nobody with even above-average intellect can remember even 50% of the detail 3 months after looking at it… it’ll be my 2nd “review” of Equity, going through flashcards with formulas/concepts and doing the EOC questions in CFAI book…just trying to keep it all fresh.

i completed the CFAI mock last week, plan on doing all of Kaplan’s and probably hitting most of 2012’s CFAI mock in sections that are still the same.

in doing mocks, are you doing them by vignette? doing them by 3hr lots and keeping time? i’m assuming you’re not spending a whole day doing a whole mock…obviously another day is spent just reviewing that at least.

thanks for the input though… i’m not the best study strategist.

In that case im screwed. I’ve only touched AM portion of book1 exam1, but didn’t answer a single derivatives, and pm question since I didn’t know how to answer every single one of them. Bright note, i did get a 100% on the rest of the AM portion i did do, which isn’t saying much considering the small sample size.

you’re a L1 candidate?

No. I tried updating it twice but it didn’t work so I just blew it off

You don’t belong here! Go play with the L1 kiddos! ha ha, just kidding :slight_smile:

Set aside 3 hours for a mock, and do the whole thing. Then go through the whole thing and review it.

Yea, you can get a perfect score if you only attempt questions that you know the answers to.

Ah, I just noticed, you’re the same person who, just one day ago, said you are only getting 55% on your mock!

You can read books for 9 months about how to ride a bike, but if you want to actually learn, you’re eventually going to have to get on that bike and fall down a bunch of times.

Just finishing up reading through my notes on the material again. Friday CFAI 2013 mock. Day off Saturday. Review mock all Sunday with remedial action as required. Then next week, a good mix of reading my notes again and doing questions (EOC, Schweser mocks).

I don’t think it all now about doing questions exclusively. It is also important to keep the curriculum fresh in your mind. that’s my two cents anyway…

do you think you could email me the 2012 mock as well? many thanks sheerazi.hasan@gmail.com