Leaving Early

Has anybody ever incurred anyone leaving early? I am in a big city, DFW testing center, and for this exam or level I, I have never seen anyone leave early. Kind of perplexes me, why would one want to leave early? Why not go over your answers, make sure you read the questions correctly.

I constantly see ppl on this forum mention they left early or someone leave early. I havent seen any of that in my fairly large testing centers.

I was finished well within 2 hours on both exams and was able to more or less redo each question quickly and still leave right before the lock down.

Everyone is different and rights at a different pace and I would imagine those that do finish slightly early likely do alot better on average because they are not time pressured and likely just better prepared all around. That being said I think we can safely assume the people who finished within an hour likely aren’t making it through.

More practically, before writing level one I practiced pacing until I was reliably under 2.5 hours with lots of room to spare. For both tests I was able to enjoy a two hour lunch at my favourite coffee shop with my girfriend and read the wall street journal while having an americano. I consider this a huge advantage over someone who was rushing aroung to be back in time for the afternoon session because they stayed until the biter end.

With an exam like this, I’d say the stakes are too high to leave anything to chance. I’d always use every minute I had to review every problem, do spot checks to see if I didn’t accidentally fill in the wrong answer, etc.

Maybe for the AM session there could be some benefit, assuming you really checked everything over, to leave before ‘lockdown’ time since you get some more rest plus a chance to review your notes. But for the PM session clearly there is no benefit whatsoever in doing that.

How many marks did you add in your review? It is such a moot point. I did all my calculations three times as I went through the first time and still had time to check that I had made all of my bubble sheets awnsers match the awnser book etc.

Ultimately just like exam prep everyone has different styles and it is important to do what works for you.

like I said in another thread, I left over 1 hour early in each session. But in all previous times, I used up all the allotted time.

I was done in 2.5 hours for each session, but used the time to review questions I wasn’t sure about. Ended up finding several dumb mistakes and fixing them. It relieves some of the time pressure for me allowing me to focus better on the tougher calcs. But everyone has their own style, if leaving early works for someone, more power to them.

I find that every time I review my work, I often pick up at the very least one question.

Its either me thinking through a question I guessed on initially (perhaps doing some long hand calculation that would have normally taken too much time), or finding that I overlooked a critical assumption in the question, or mismarked something.

Yeah, occasionally you’ll change a response incorrectly, but with me that happens much less often than the other way around. If I’m really unsure about a question and can’t make more headway on it I’ll assume more likely than not that my first hunch was right.

I just think leaving early is giving my competition an edge.

I saw someone reported that he finished within 70 minutes. That amazed me. Finish each question in 70 seconds by average. They must be the 1% on top.

At level 1 last year I left the PM-session early. I reviewed everything, I was pretty sure I was good for passing, and, quite honestly, I had more than enough of CFA and excercises and formulas and all the rest. I just wanted to get out of there.

I passed, so I don’t see why it would be a problem to leave early when you are ready.