PCP Investigation for writing after time was called off

Can anyone suggest me which option is better in a case of such a PCP Investigation against me for writing after time was called ?

Proctor 1 has reported and Proctor 2 has supported that I was writing something on the exam book and erasing something on the answer sheet for additional 30 seconds after time was called off.

I do not agree to any of these allegations at all and in my reply to the CFA institute I have also written to the extent that these facts can be verified with a CCTV footage of the exam.

But, before all these, considering the past cases that nobody has won any such cases against the PCP Program and if totally rejected, then they take very long for replying.

In such situation, I would request you all to please help me to choose whether I should agree to the allegations (even if I don’t agree) or shall I reject and fight for my case. Please answer based on your experience and practicality of the issue.

I just have a day’s time to reply…So, please help me urgently.

Those who want to reply to me separately, can email me at peter.tusin@rediffmail.com

“Notwithstanding this requirement, fifty-eight Level I candidates, twelve Level II candidates, and five Level III candidates continued to write on and/or erase their exams after time was called. The CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program investigated these cases and found that each candidate engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Program Exam Rules and Standards of Professional Conduct. Sixty-four of the candidates accepted the sanction of Private Censure/Reprimand and Voiding of Exam Results. Eleven of the candidates requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence in each respective case, the Hearing Panels imposed the sanction of Private Censure/Reprimand and Voiding of Exam Results on the eleven candidates.”

Either way, the worst case scenario is Private Censure/Reprimand and Voiding of Exam Results. Which at least allows you to sit for the exam next year. I think going for a hearing panel will only delay the inevitable.

Confirm with the CFAI if they will allow you to sit for the exam next year. If they do, then quickest way out would be to agree with what the proctors said (although, per you, that’s not how events may have unfolded).

CFAI is not ready to listen to me at all. They just say that now I have to only talk to the PCprogram via e-mail which anyways I have to do.

I think that it is taken for granted that they will allow me to sit for next year.

What do you say ?

However I totally agree with your point that accpeting is better.

But the problem is that we don’t know that how serious my offence will be i.e., writing on question paper , erasing on answer paper and taking 30 seconds extra…Can I be the victim of first ever case to have been suspended or terminated for this by accepting?

So , considering this I think I should fight ? what do you say ?

Also we dont know whether any of those 64 candidates accepted at the very beginning or they all refused and then after receiving the sanction, accepted it and did not fight firther.

Please advice

I think it might be best to actually just call their 800-number and confirm with someone in person. That’s what I would do. Tell them it’s a sanction for going over time and ask them whether they will allow to sit you for next year. It’s not that hard to call. Relying on email exchange will only waste time.

Get the footage from the exam room to verify to the CFAI that the proctors were being overzealous.

since when are these exam rooms filmed?

Nothing is filmed.

Did you get a physical letter in the mail or an email from the CFAI about all this?

Physical letter from the Institute

A co-worker of mine wrote level 3 June 2012 and got a similar citation. He appealed the decision, although it took forever. After having to state his case and wait weeks between replies to each email, he FINALLY got his final decision May 2013. Luckily enough for him, they reversed their decision, and he was awarded his charter. I thought it was a considerable dick-move of the CFAI to take so long. Without the process being complete, he was not allowed to register to re-write the exam, and would have had to wait 2 full years after the citation to actually take another crack at it.

Hi Peter,

Did your PCP investigation get resolved? I think I am getting a report for writing after time was called off for last Saturday’s exam… Thank you and please let me know.

Please help. I am in a similar situation.

Fight it. Know someone who had won against CFAI…issue was regarding having multiple/losing sign-in sheets.

I know a guy, who is a good friend with a girl (strictly friendship now, though they used to flirt in the beginning), whose brother-in-law heard about another guy that tried to fight the case brought against him by CFAI.

#DidntWorkOut

I know a friend, who had an uncle, who once dated this girl who heard from her brother in college that read a newspaper article about some guy who won the powerball and never gave a crap about working ever again.

We might be talking about the same person…

#smallworld

Can someone please explain what the heck CCTV footage of the exam is?

It doesn’t matter what it is. The exams are not recorded.

Closed circuit television.

Even though the CFAI does not record the exams, perhaps some (or many) testing locations have security cameras installed by the building owner/operator. Seems very likely to me.

Just tell them it was marijuana and you have a medical card. That way they can’t charge you with PCP possession. wink

In all seriousness, good luck bro!