What topic are u starting with ?

For those who just passed in December… It’s only 4 months to go … Assuming you’re keeping the last month for revision/ practice you only have 3 months to cover all 10 topics … What’s your plan ? I’m starting with the relatively easy topics: Corporate Finance and portfolio MGT…will be leaving FRA, Ethics and QM last so it’s still fresh in my mind … Good luck

I just passed in December and ordered my books late last week, I should get them in the mail tomorrow. For level 1 i just went in order of the text, this time I am going to skip ethics and start with quant. I started reading quant this past weekend using the electronic books. I think I will go in CFA Institute order except I will save ethics for last this time. I think hopping around will hurt my time management. Are you avoiding the CFAI text all together and using study guides only? What is your approach?

I will only use CFAI books for EOC questions. I heard they are a must for level 2. I will depend on schweser notes for studying, but may buy some videos from ELAN for areas that I’d feel schweser didn’t cover well (from people’s comments here this may include pensions from FRA). P.S: As I wait for my books, I’ll be studying Corporate Finance from ELAN. You get CF, QM and some reading from Equity for free (in PDF format) upon signing up.

Passed Level 1 in December 2013, and trying to cram Level 2 for the June 2014 exam. Starting with Schweser Notes Book 1 on Ethics and taking notes. Trying to get through a Schweser Notes book in two weeks and doing questions periodically when I’m bored of reading. Planning on reading the CFAI materials, too, when I receive them, as everyone seems to be mentioning that those are a must-read to pass Level 2.

Basic Approach:

(1) Read sections of Schweser Notes/CFAI materials

(2) Periodically do questions in sections read in Schweser Notes/CFAI materials

(3) Take notes on Schweser Notes/CFAI materials and questions/explanations from Schweser QBank.

Hope this helps.

I have started with FRA , after that I will approach Equity … these two topics combined constitute more than half of the exam so I will have heavy focus on them till end … I study topics with heavier weights first.

Going in order.

^ same here.

Taking the same approach…wanna learn the essentials first…still not sure where to place derivatives :confused:

^^ me too!

Not me. I’m doing FSA and Deriviatives first to get the tough stuff out of the way — Sometimes it takes time to absorb the hard concepts and then you get the “Ahhh moment”

Doint Equity with those two sections as well cause I heard its a joke. I figure when I’m exhausting of thinking about and understanding the FSA and deriviative concepts, I’ll swithc over to an easy topic when tired.

I would suggest to keep ethics for last.

Going in order except saving ethics for later.