You Favorite Subjects

What subjects do you guys find interesting?

To me it’s equity valuation and corporate finance.

Derivatives, Fixed Income, Quant, and Portfolio Management.

Favorite? Intercorporate investments

Most useful and practical? Corporate Finance - Capital Budgeting & the fraud section

Derivatives for me. I’m an actuary and we never look at that stuff. I honestly didnt even know what a put and call was until exam 1.

Hated accounting for level 1 but dont mind it for level 2(More quantitative and I tend to understand topics better with math behind it).

Quant is stuff I’ve already done in depth and it’s pretty basic here. Dont like economics - never liked it.

I agree with you on Economics.

70% of the stuff you studied doesnt work in real world. The other 30% only works 80% of the time.

can someone be kind enough to tell me how much has FRA material change from 2013 to 2014? I know they have updated 3 readings but have the concepts discussed in those readings changed too? Will my notes of last year serve me well enough? Please … i’ve started a couple of new threads to get views of those who have gone through it. I am working full time and I dont get much time to study these days. FRA has been one of my strengths and therefore I dont want to spend too much time on that. Scored 70+ in FRA in 2013 exam but failed band 10 :frowning:

Changes are posted on Elan’s website. You may have to create an account to get it.

My favorite topic is Equity, and solution pages for the remaining subjects on CFAI curriculum.

No, 60% of the time, it works every time.

Don’t you have to pass exam MFE/3F to be an actuary? the derivative stuff in there is violent.

Don’t you have to pass exam MFE/3F to be an actuary? the derivative stuff in there is violent.

Derivatives, Equities, Fixed Income and Economics (level II only, level-I was painful)

F&A in level II is a total snoozefest, never liked quant or portfolio management.

What’s F&A?

Fixed Income, Real Estate, Equity (Everything!))), Forex Accounting and Accounting Manipulations in FRA

Frequency and amplitude: characteristics of sine waves.

Very important.

Anything but FRA and Econ.

hahah very funny!!

F&A = Finance & Accounting

We use ‘F&A’ at the office to describe backoffice a/p and a/r, my firm offers outsourcing services for it. Long week at the office I guess