CFA PDF Mock - Regulatory Capture/Competition?

Hey guys, Quick question on the afternoon mock they sent out in PDF form the other day.

Afternoon Test - Econ - Sagara - Question 5.

Dudes concern about regulatory structure is most likely an example of?

a) arbitrage

b) capture

c) competition

“Banantoumou’s concern is an example of regulatory capture. Regulated companies’ efforts to fight particular regulations tend to attract more public attention than when the companies are sympathetic to the contemplated regulations. Even more fundamentally, academics have argued that regulation often arises to enhance the interests of the regulated, often called the “regulatory capture” theory. For example, regulatory actions and determinations can restrict potential competition and coordinate the choices of rivals.”

I thought it was regulatory capture and their explanation of the answer sounds like it as well. Why is the answer c) competition?

These guys have literally f***d up this time- I saw ur post and went back and submitted my answers online (CFA website) and guess what…? Capture is the correct answer.

Other thing i noticed is that In the pdf they have screwed up on the ordering of the options (A,B,C) that could be the reason…

Would appreciate if you confirm.

Thx for bringing this up.

There were 2 other mistakes like that in the mocks. One was in the AM paper. I just graded it correctly and moved on…