Sign up  |  Log in

Advice - go for Konvexity mock questions

vicky_cool400 wrote:

S666 wrote:

I’ve just signed up to this service and jeez the questions are quite tough…even more so than the CFAI question in my opinion. I’m getting hammered!!

Hey, how are you doing on the exams ?

Hi Vicky…you passed Level 2 while using the Konvexity tests yes? Can you remember what kind of scores you were getting on both the sectional tests and the mocks….and then how did you do on the actual exam?

Im trying to figure out what is a “good” score on Konvexity that would mean I at least have a decent shot at the actual exam.

cheers :)

Master the Level II curriculum by creating custom quizzes in the SchweserPro™ QBank. Question difficulty automatically adapts to your ability level on a given topic, measuring your knowledge and keeping you motivated. Included in every Schweser Study Package.

robertucla wrote:

I’m sticking to CFA mocks and EOC. I don’t need anymore stress on wondering if these are quality question and answers. 

^Agreed! Doing the same. 

S666 wrote:

vicky_cool400 wrote:

S666 wrote:

I’ve just signed up to this service and jeez the questions are quite tough…even more so than the CFAI question in my opinion. I’m getting hammered!!

Hey, how are you doing on the exams ?

Hi Vicky…you passed Level 2 while using the Konvexity tests yes? Can you remember what kind of scores you were getting on both the sectional tests and the mocks….and then how did you do on the actual exam?

Im trying to figure out what is a “good” score on Konvexity that would mean I at least have a decent shot at the actual exam.

cheers :)

I tried Konvexity sectional tests only few weeks before the exam. Before that I had attempted 2-3 CFA mock exams from previous years. I was getting 65-68% in the mocks. Then I tried these tests. I mainly tried FRA, Equity, Fixed Income and Derivatives tests. My score was in the range of 55%-63% in those tests if I remember correctly. But it really helped me in my concepts related to free cash flow questions in Equity and inter-corporate investment & pension in FRA. It was kind of a good revision for me. After finishing his tests, when I attempted 2-3 more mocks, my score increased to 73%-75% range. I started getting 20-22 questions correct in FRA and Equity where earlier I was gettingin the range of 15-17. In derivatives and fixed income also , my score improved by 1-2 questions.

I think a score of 60% is good in these tests but you must analyze the tests to see your mistakes. I noted down each of my single mistake and that helped me a lot. After attempting these tests, I became more careful in identifying the traps in the questions and my silly mistakes almost disappeared. The tests were quite helpful in comprehensive revision as the questions were very similar to CFAI BBs. Eventually I scored 70%+ marks in 8 subjects and 51-70% in 2 subjects in the main CFA exam and passed comfortably.

Study Method

Online Videos - Arif Irfanullah (https://irfanullah.co/)
Mocks/Sectional Tests - Konvexity (www.konvexity.com)
Notes - KaplanSchweser

Never say Die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPpXpoF54s

Hi Vicky,

Have you tried their mock exams too? I was looking at their site yesterday and wonder what to choose.

Can any one please share mock exams of Konvexity. My email address is blackswann2000@gmail.com.

Thanks

They’re not free….you can go to konvexity.com and purchase them there :)

I have Subscribed to Konvexity Sectional Test & they are Pretty Tough…..

I will take a different stand, tough questions are meant for fun, not for preparaton. Sadly, I don’t have enough time to think on tough questions. Even I find CFAI official sets even do this job right.  

Magina, the Antimage II Never ever give up!!

Gebura wrote:

Hi Vicky,

Have you tried their mock exams too? I was looking at their site yesterday and wonder what to choose.

Yes at this time with a week to go, mocks will be a good option

Study Method

Online Videos - Arif Irfanullah (https://irfanullah.co/)
Mocks/Sectional Tests - Konvexity (www.konvexity.com)
Notes - KaplanSchweser

Never say Die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPpXpoF54s

nitish3861 wrote:

I have Subscribed to Konvexity Sectional Test & they are Pretty Tough…..

harder than cfai mocks?

Yes ,It is probably harder than CFA mocks…

nitish3861 wrote:

Yes ,It is probably harder than CFA mocks…

Don’t you think people shoud focus on actual exam questions like EOC?

this hard mocks are not realistic!

Yes I am totally agree with you…Konvexity mocks are to drill down theConcepts.But at this point of time we should focus on EOC as well as CFA mocks.

Passed L3 :)

A journey comesto an end…

Study Method

Online Videos - Arif Irfanullah (https://irfanullah.co/)
Mocks/Sectional Tests - Konvexity (www.konvexity.com)
Notes - KaplanSchweser

Never say Die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPpXpoF54s