Exam Analysis.

1)Exam was easier than elan/finquiz/schweser mocks.

2)I had to guess on 5-6 questions (AM+PM).

3)There were few questions that required me to use the L1 formula’s and it was annoying.

4)I did schweser q bank and it helped me a lot.

5)I feel sorry for my Pakistani brothers (in Karachi) for not being able to take the CFAI exams due to terror attacks and volatile political environment.

Overvall i think i have 98% chance of passing.

Dude! U r scaring the shit out of me !!! Where was your centre anyway ? Noida ?

P.s Well congratulations :slight_smile:

even i felt paper was easier than those cfai mocks…they were brutal… i felt i would score between 65-70 % on the exam…but after coming back and hearing every1 saying paper.was tricky and recheckimg a few questions i wasnt sure off…ill say i have 55-60% chance of passing

What is your background Rahul Roy?

MBA final year.FRM both level passed.

Easier than Schweser, REALLY. I am one of those unfortunate Karachi candidate who was told three hrs before the exam that it has been cancelled

what? why was it cancelled???

What did they do with you? Mailed you an exam copy then you sent back your answer sheet?

@monty1- but there was a terrorist attack at the airport right? Maybe they did have serious intel regarding an attack! In hindsight, better safe than sorry!

@rahulroy- IIMs?

NO:IIMs.

CAT/Gmat are a different exams than CFA.

I know they are different, I was just asking whether you were from an IIM. Cool. Good luck for your result.

Yes they had received security threats and they took a decision of deferring the paper. The political situation was volatile for more like two weeks before the exam; CFAI could have taken the decision earlier and have allowed us to change our center to Lahore, where the security is not that big of an issue.

Heard that they are considering alternatives for us, lets hope that the recent terrorist attack on Karachi airport doesn’t lead them to defer the exam till next June-2015.

I think that the exam was at par with the Schweser exams. I had prepared really well for the exam. So, it was a good experience. I think MPS would be around 66-67% level.

Seriously man, just 3 hours before the exam. wtf I was ready to murder the exam. Only slept for 2 hours for past 3 nights. Looked like a zombie on caffeine.

At least, they should reschedule it to a later date. I can’t remember all this shit for another year.

lol

can you PM me? i want to know what was tricky…somehow I didn’t find anything that tricky… i think i’ve fallen for the traps… sad

Papers were perhaps different in India and USA.

Am I allowed to ask if it was different in the UK as well ?

Which MBA? I’m contemplating on doing an MBA as well.

much harder than last year

Level 1 was such a walk in the park that I started preparing for L-2 in May beginning. Perhaps my engineering and MBA background helped me cover almost everything. But, I feel it could finish borderline. Risk-taking could prove fatal anyways. MPS for L-1 could have been around 65 last year. So, i feel for L-2, it should not be above 62%. @bgshw44 seems to have a fair idea being a CFA, so perhaps he could tell us more on MPS we can expect…A range perhaps???