Wrote after the Time called

Dear,

Can anyone help out with regard to notice received on below subject

“Wrote after time was called”

U got PCP?

Don’t know its right place to discuss on the same…But Yes, got it.

You can discuss…no problem…

For how many seconds you continued to write after time was called off??

Best of luck to you, but I think this is pretty clear-cut. Probably no reasonable way to fight it.

I am sorry but i agree with swatbsa…

You can possibly fight cases like “stretching” but writing after time is up is very much non defendable offense.

At best you can ask for mercy by proving that you worked really hard for this test.

The question is did you write after the time was called. If yes, accept it and your result would definitely be voided. But if you gave the appearance of writing (ex, just holding a pencilor something like that) and never actually wrote; try to present your case to CFAI. Your result might still be voided most likely, but try to present your points.

Good luck.

+1

I wonder if anyone has experienced success fighting PCPs (for whatever infraction) by getting an attorney involved on their behalf.

Try to be very honest with them.

If it was your fault accept it.

If you gave appearance of writing like holding a pencil or not closing your exam booklet then try to explain them your situation.Also provide them receipts of schweser or other providers you used to study for this exam .

Agreed … this is probably the best (and only) thing that you can do.

Assuming you actually did write or hold a pencil after time was called, you cheated. So you should kneel down before the gods of the institute, admit your wrongdoing and beg for mercy. Hopefully you don’t get a lengthy suspension. Fighting it sends the wrong message, especially if you’re in the wrong.

Hire an attorney and do not respond until you do.

I don’t think it is a financially feasible option.

To OP,

If i may ask you…In which city did you take your exam?

Pretty cut and dry to me, just beg and pray they don’t give you too harsh of a punishment…

i dont understand why you fools try to cheat…you worked for 6 months and is that extra 5 seconds of writing gonna help you? NO

its your fault if in fact you broke the rules

I’m totally with you. Though, it is a bit more understandable if the candidate is simply holding a pencil and not doing anything with it. Still, when they say “pencils down,” this should probably be taken very literally.

I’m sorry to say but this is a very clear violation of CFAI standards and policies for test taking. I will side with others in saying that you’re very unlikely to come out on top with regards to a PCP investigation. Voided test results are probable and hope and pray that’s the end of the consequences.

OP, it might be possible that you were just holding the pencil close to the paper, which gave the appearance of chaeting to the proctors , you could apologise for giving out the “apperance” of cheating

Kiss your score goodbye.