Level 2 material

Is the Level 1 material assumed to be included in the Level 2 curriculum? For example, the deferred tax asset/liability concepts - I haven’t encountered it again in Level 2 materil (perhaps it is coming). But in general, are we supposed to be fully upto speed on everything in Level 1 - I think the answer is yes, but just wanted to ask. Thanks!

basic concepts/fndamentals yes, but you wont be asked questions in particular from level 1 as there are tons of things to be asked from Level 2 itself :wink:

Should we study quant and portfolio mgmt together like in level 1?

Any other tips for studying would be greatly appreciated? e.g. go in order, jumping around is ok, etc)

I read both quants and portfolio management in L2 and I didn’t find them linked as it was in L1. Nevertheless, my advice is to study quants in the beginning, because the tools are widely referred to in the rest of the curriculum.

@mushetzel : did you find link between Economics on Reading 55 (PM) ? cheeky

I first time tested my self by Kaplan Schweser EOC vignette for Ethics. The result is not good (below 50 %) while I got 80 % in Ethics tested on old (L1) way, each question asked separetly. Ascribe it to new way of testing through vignettes, hope I will soon get better.

Does each question inside vignette score separetly on exam or each vignette get scored in total?

@jounin83 No, not really. I think you can study R55 (PM) without having read Economics before.

There is a Taylor Rules on reading 55… :smiley:

Decided to go with Wiley for Level 2. Does someone know when the print materials are shipped? Had a chat with them and they said “mid december”. It is mid december now and nothing happened so far. Is there a specific date for shipping?

Can’t wait to start after roughly half a year of ‘vacation’ :smiley:

PS: All i want for christmas is a rusty hacksaw

it’s shipped, just for information for those who are considering to go with Wiley

I had an online chat with a Wiley Rep just yesterday about when their online content would go live for the 2016 exam and he/she said December 21st. I would assume the print material will ship around then as well.

I need the arif 2016 videos for L2 , can anybody help me with this. I need the videos urgently as L2 course is vast and I’m finding it difficult to study through schweser notes only.

Thanks,

Shashank

HI Shashank, I can help you on this. Please email me at pratik.shah2503@gmail.com

Have you seen this one yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmgSZg3S28

I will delete you.

Delete delete delete