pcp investigation

Guys, I need some help.

I did the second level in june, hoping to get at least some information by July. Yesterday the wonderful new that they have suspended everything until the end of the procedure.

My violation is that i opened the book early. The charge is incredible because i do not remembre doing so, and if i did it was a matter of seconds (the violation is detected in the afternoon at 13.59 …)

You can imagine that after the massive effort to prepare for this examination, feeling these allegation is devastating.

Now I have a lot of questions in mind: what risk? i have to answer? and what should i tell them?

Good evening to all.

Wait. So you actually broke the seal and started looking inside the paper while everyone was basically meditating in silence? How dumb is that?

I have not broken the seal ahead of time, it must have happened towards the end of the instructions to fill out the answer sheet.

when you were talking about stupidity were allusion something?

I don’t want to discourage you or anything but if you believe you did violate the rules albeit for a few seconds then what is your claim? To make an exception for you?

If I ever receive such an accusation and my exam results are voided then I will quit the program then and there because:

1. I am probably incompetent to join this society

2. I deserve better

I knew it was wrong but it is clear that not all errors are not the same , and I was just wondering how you felt the grave and what should I expect .

I knew it was wrong but it is clear that not all errors are not the same , and I was just wondering how you felt the grave and what should I expect .

good luck man, if you didn’t break the seal ahead of time i feel bad for you. if you did…not sure what you were thinking.

I did NOT open the seal in advance.

It’s all a conspiracy that dates back to WWII.

#CFAIvsEYEtalians

this is the best you can do?

You’re saying you broke the seal normally, closed the exam book normally, filled out the scantron normally, then, when there was dead silence and seconds left, you may have re-opened the exam book a few seconds early?

I think it’s really difficult to make that mistake. You would definitely know it.

I don’t think there are any intermediate punishments. Their policy is that, if you violate the exam conditions, the exam is voided. For sure, you probably couldn’t gained much, but they don’t have a small punishment. It’s just void or nothing.

See this.

Sorry dude. BTW, did you receive notice by email or post? I thought I heard once PCP’s were sent by post, but not even sure CFAI has my address.

This is very serious matter. You should respond and hope that they realize that even if you opened the exam booklet 30 seconds early, it was not a grave enough matter to completely void your results.

The key for you is to be truthful in your response. If you did open the test early, admit it. State that you just misunderstood instructions (if that was indeed the case).

Yes, that is very painful.

I am sorry to hear that.

I dont know if they will consider your case. Generally speaking, CFA institute is very strict on such matters.

I wish the pre-exam process was slight bit easier. It can get confusing at times even with the instructions.

I am not really sure of what you can tell them. It seems like they will consider it as an unfair advantage over other candidates even if it is just a matter of a few seconds.

I think the boardmembers of this forum and charterholders can answer your question better,

Either way, try to forget the emotional aspect of what happened and focus on solving the problem.

Best of Luck.

Yea, sorry about your predicament, Its a serious issue, like others have said, you respond to the email and be honest with your defense, and pray for the best decision ever.

The likely outcome as stated by others is that CFAI will likely witheld your result.

I’ll keep you in my prayer, and hope they cut you loose without any punishment.

Let me see if igot this right. You basically broke the seal “towards the end of the instructions” before the announcer officially said “you may now begin”. There is no “less guilty because you broke the seal only slightly earlier than you were supposed to versus a lot earlier than you were supposed to” If you can’t even follow the simple instructions and rules of when you can begin a test, how and why would anyone trust you with important finance work? Guilty. Voidingg of results and 3 years suspension. Next.

I HAVE BEEN IN MANY FORUMS; BE IT IMMIGRATION FORUMS OR OTHER EXAMS; I MUST SAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN IDIOTIC BOARD OR FORUM LIKE THE ANALYST FORUM… I GUESS EDUCATION IS FOR THE IMBECILE MINDS… ALL I SEE AFERS DOING IS INSULTING OTHERS…

IF YOU CAN’T OFFER HELP, WHY REPLY TO THIS POST??.. WHY INSULT THE GUY?? WHY SEEK TO INCREASE HIS PAIN?? WHY MAKE HIM LOSE HOPE??? IF YOU HAVE NEVER EXPRICIENCED WHAT HE IS GOING, IF YOU DON’T KNOW ANY OTHER PERSON WHO HAVE EVER RECEIVED A PCP, WHY CAN’T YOU SHUT YOUR ******* MOUTH??. OR RATHER, WHY CAN’T YOU KEEP YOU FRIGGIN HANDS OFF YOUR COMPUTER??. WHY TYPE NON-SENSE TO INFLICT MORE PAIN ON AN ALREADY SUFFERING GUY??

DOCJACK, I DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE… PERSONALLY, I HAVE NEVER HAD A PCP AND I DON’T KNOW A PERSON WHO HAD ONE… I MAY NOT OFFER ANY HELP… BUT MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU MAN… JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST MAN… YOU MAY BE A WOMAN; BUT ACCEPT MY DAY TO DAY LANGUAGE… REPLACE MAN WITH WOMAN, MAY GOD SEE YOU THROUGH!!!

AF IS FOR DOGS… PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY KNOW… ITS THE IRONY OF EDUCATION - CREATES IMBECILE MINDS…

Why does a proctor think that you did?

I think what he means by this is, he did not break the seal early, but is apparently accused of opening the book early, which certainly could have happened after candidates were instructed to break the seal and tear out the scantron but before the exam officially began. My guess is, he tore out the scantron, closed the book as instructed and filled in his CFAI #, seat # etc, then opened the book again before the “you may begin” call went out. Proctors are most certainly trained to scan the room for just such a thing.

Assuming it happened and you weren’t intentionally trying to get a head start, it was definitely a lapse in judgment and I’m sorry but you’ll probably have your exam results voided, and possibly worse depending on the proctor’s assessment of your intentions. Good luck.

It’s dumb of CFAI to place the answer sheet inside the exam book, and what’s the point of the seal in the first place-- it’s broken, then booklet closed again until the exam starts. The process itself is faulty. After the seal is broken, it leaves open the possibility of opening the test booklet accidentally or intentionally. Unfortunately if it’s done accidentally, the CFAI assumes it was intentional.

I have to agree with some of this.

Why do the proctors ask u to remove the answer sheet and place it on the booklet?

That is the worst thing any candidate can do. Also, it gives the slight impression of flipping through the booklet as well ( when it is not really the case).

Why does this happen? Because we are asked to flip to the back and fill up the details. If we dont flip it in the right way, then we get the other side of the booklet without the answer sheet.

in such a situation, in you are in search of the answer sheet then you are just one flip away from opening the booklet and seeing the questions.