How many are surprised by their FRA score

Passed, but i cant believe my FRA is 50-70, HOW? I thought it was the easiest part, anyone else surprised ?

I thought this was your weakest area during the studies, no?

actually it is derivatives, which i got 70+? I am always good with FRA i think?

I’m surprised I got <50% when it was one of my stronger sections on mocks and FWIW I got >70% FRA on L1. It’s not like there’s only one vignette for FRA, so you’d think if any section is indicative of one’s mocks, it’d be FRA.

Then again I am surprised I did >70% on other topics I usually struggle with, so I chalk it up to the nature of taking an exam under pressure.

Surprised I scored above 70% on economics on mocks consistently scored 3/6 -4/6.

However on FRA, I always scored above 80%. so the 50-70 band i scored in surprised me greatly.

FRA is not part of the L3 curriculum, so enjoy the pass. There are a lot of people today who failed. As others have pointed out, I generally find I did better in a topic or two than I expected so it evens out.

Me too got 50-70 % in FRA. Although FRA is suppose to be my strongest. But in the end who cares… overall I passed.

Ethics surprised me. Got higher than 70%, but always failed that section in mocks. After the exam, I calculated all my potential exam scores with the notion that I got <50 in ethics - lol.

@h21 so glad you passed man you deserved it friggin 700 hours. You put in the work man you deserved this pass.

Thanks mate, on to the next stance

A bit surprised but I feel like I earned that +70. I spent upwards of 100 hours on three readings alone.

Definitely surprised by my FRA score most of all. I studied FRA like every other week and was feeling very good about the material, yet I got <50%. However, I apparently kicked butt in Econ and Ethics which I was sure would bring me down. And PM too, which I barely studied (compared to the work I put in for all the other topics). It’s disappointing but I’ll take it as long as I passed. Not sure what else I could have done to improve my FRA score.

Same here, 50-70 FRA where I was strong and 70+ on my weak areas, but passed. No section below 50

surprised I got 70 and above in FRA. Thought the PM section was definitely going to be my death knell

I also scored a 50-70 in FRA, but it didn’t surprise me. There was an item set in the PM session I knew could drag my score down and probably did. My goal this year was to ace Fixed Income and Corporate Finance, the two heavier sections that I did <50 in last year and knew were mostly responsible for my 2015 band 9 score, and I did. I’m fine with the FRA result, which is exactly where I landed last year. All that mattered this year was the word “congratulations” in my email.

50-70 could be 69 so I wouldn’t read too much into it. You slipped on a couple questions is all.

Bravo H21 you were persistent like a horse and were not ashamed to ask … :slight_smile:

Less than 50 in port. (expected since it was the topic I saved for gravy)

50-70 in Alt (felt strong on the calcs but weak on the concepts) and FRA (think I slipped on a few I should’ve had)

Above 70 on everything else (very happy!)

[quote=“h21”]

You guys are real inspiration to tough the **** out

Dec L1 June L2, we got L3 tgt, see you next year mate, I will prob start around Feb