LII Printing error - anyone else?

I’m retaking the L2 and just received my books yesterday. I noticed that the FRA book appears to be a little thinner than last year, in fact, it’s missing 100 pages!

2016 book, the glossary starts at page 417

2017 book, the glossary starts at page 313

Equities is 30 pages lighter.

And yes, I’m starting now. Based on what I’ve already done, I figure it’s a minimum of 500 hours to pass (in addition to the 350 I put into my first attempt). CFAI materials only.

They removed chapters from both FRA and Equity. You can check it on CFAI website.

They removed inventories and long-lived assets from FRA, and they removed the five competitive forces and your strategy needs a strategy readings from equity.

can you confirm the changes regarding derivatives EOCs? I read somewhere in here that there aren’t any in the 2017 books.

Don’t count hours, what matters is the perception of what you’ve read. You can read 1500 or 8000 hours but still unable to pass. … there are significant factors, ignored by many; those factors are candidates’ Hardware and Software capacities. “Hardware capacity” refers to the capacity of the brain - roughly the equivalent of GBs in your laptop and “software capacity” refers to knowledge - roughly the equivalent of installed programs in your laptop. Following extreme examples will clarify my point: If you resurrect Pythagoras, with tremendously superb hardware capacity and give him 10 months for passing the advanced calculus exam, he will probably fail - there are few /outdated programs installed in his brain. Same will happen to Kim Kardashian, who lacks the Hardware capacity.