Level II in a month

I wanted to start this thread purely because I think it could be beneficial to future trolls and forum members out there.

I passed Level I in December of 2015. I took an extended time off from work in the month of May and thought I would try and knock Level II out of the park in 1 month. I have a friend who sacrificed a solid 8 months of his life in preparation for Level II (and passed) and I thought if I could beat the system and sacrifice much less, the constant 1 month suffer would be worth it.

On average I studied anywhere between 10 and 15 hours per day for 34 days. So I hit the 300 hours right? Well, I might have hit the 300 hours, but it ended up being too much to comprehend in that amount of time. I should have focused much more on problems and not really at all about the readings. If I did this, I might have had more success. Some people can do this, but I look at it as, what comes first, the chicken or the egg? You really need to do both.

I read through searching on this forum that Wendy was able to complete Level II in a month. Not saying that it is impossible. I’m just here telling you it probably isn’t the best idea. Because I was unwilling to dedicate a larger amount of time to studying, I failed Band 6 and I’ll be starting my Level II studies in November. Hope this helps at least a few of you out there contemplating the same sh*tty plan

Unless you are unusually gifted, it is indeed extremely daunting to process such voluminous body of information, master it effectively and proceed to perform on exam day under stress conditions. It can’t be stressed enough. Performing well on the exam is about practice and repetition, which inevitably will consume time.

Props on sharing your experience, and good luck on your next attempt!

do you know Wendy’s profile?

There are a lot of gamblers in the world, some win, some lose.

However, there are also well informed gamblers, some win, some lose.

I thought this thread was going to be about you trashing the people saying L2 COULDN’T be done in a month and that you passed as proof it can be. then you said you studied 1 month and failed.sorry to hear that. but yea. any person with half a brain should know a month for L2 is like buying a lottery ticket.

I agree with you, but what you said is not complete. any person with half a brain should know a month for L2 is like buying a lottery ticket. But the probability of winning this lottery is in function of gambler’s profile: the gambler is a normal student or a professor of Finance at Havard.

One month is the time which most of the candidates reserve for revision. That’s really surprising to know that someone actually passed with just one month of preparation.

I don’t think it should matter, as long as you pass who cares ? Also, there is studying and studying smart …

I started to study for level I 5 weeks before the exam, 3 months for level II and 7 weeks for level III and passed each time but I am a Fixed Income PM, finance background helps a lot… and I can tell you that there is no more glory for passing with less study time.

Just know your strengths and weaknesses, work hard & smart and it should be fine.

So we can all agree it’s a gamble. Yes, I knew it was a gamble going in and I accepted that from the beginning.

I consider myself as having average intelligence. I worked hard during that month but at the end of the day, the 300 hour threshold doesn’t mean a whole lot. Just got to keep practicing until you master it. This could mean a different amount of time for each person.

Something I did realize through cramming throughout this month is that this test is nowhere near impossible like some people make it out to be. Put in the work and you’ll see the results. Plain and simple

Thanks to those with positive feedback and comments

Out of interest, how were you scoring on your mocks by the end of your one month blitz?

I was between mid 50s to low 60s. At month’s end I realized I would need luck on my side to pass

When I sat for the Level II exam I had already completed an MBA with a finance focus.

Pretty sure that was the secret to my exam success.