Structure of Cases & Questions

Hi all,

I noticed that in the EOC and online practice cases, the order of questions strictly follows the course of the text. For example, question 1 is related to exhibit 1, question 2 is related to paragraph 2, etc. - This leads to the fact that one can often focus only on a particular paragraph / exhibit to answer a question rather than to have the whole case in mind at all times. Can we assume it will be the same in the exam, or might things be more mixed up?

Thanks for your answers.

Never heard somebody saying the vignettes appeared mixed on his/her exam. In my own experience (1 exam), the questions followed the case order.

I think that (and many others would agree) is that CFAI intention would never be to increase difficulty in their exams by reducing order, logic, including leading statements, etc. However, expect more info than needed or even useless info. The idea of the exam is to assess your analytical abilities and knowledge.

You will realize in the D-day that the questions are pretty clear, the cases well redacted and the difficulty / lengthy accorded to the assigned exam duration time.

By now, focus on your knowledge and practice. It is all you need to pass.

Thank you for your answer, that’s all I needed to hear!