FRA Topic Test

I recently started doing Topic Tests and found the FRA ones to be brutal. To improve my score, I even did the Blueboxes and EOCs. I found them quite easy. However, again when I went back to the topic tests, my scores went down. How is everyone else tackling these topic tests? They have literally shattered all the confidence I had after doing EOCs. Any suggestions on how to ace the topic tests?

Hello Steve.

I am a retaker but I can safely tell you the difference between FRA Topic tests and the exam were night and day. The actual exam will lay out questions in a crystal clear manner and are all very fair, given you understand the material.

If those topic tests are crushing your confidence just leave them. The blue boxes and EOC’s are enough. With accounting the blue boxes are very important because the EOC’s are quite high level compared to other subjects. You do need to know the blue box examples well in order to effectively work through the mechanics of the problems.

Difficulty order:

Topic tests > Exam >= EOCs

As Rexthedog said, exam questions are written in a crystal clear manner. The exam will not test your english reading skill and therefore all the exam questions will be concise!

Do the EOCs & blueboxes repeatedly.

Thank you rexthedog and kevin of for your suggestions. I plan to focus more on EOC and blueboxes