Running short on time. Can I still make it?

Hi everyone.

I just finished my 2nd reading of all topics now. (but how tragic to look back and forget a lot of things.)

Now for the last 2 months, I am planning to work only on questions by ;

1. blue boxes in the Schewser, Curriculum for FRA, Corporate Finance, Fixed income, Derivatives and Equity.

2. end of chapter questions in the curriculum for FRA, Corporate Finance, Fixed income, Derivatives and Equity.

3. Schewser book problem set for other subjects (Quant, Ethics, Alternative, Portfolio, Economics)

4. practice problems in the CFIA website for all 10 subjects and do 2 years of mock exam.

Does this seem enough? Or can anybody advise me on some parts that I should also focus?

The tricky thing is that I am really bad with Quant and my plan is to just memorize how to solve the problems.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Are u studying full-time? If yes, just spend 5 quality-study hours consistently per day (5 hours * 73 days > 300 hours).

If no… Man, u r in some real deep sh[]t… Dont think u’ll be able to do all of what u listed above. Focus in your topic areas of strength, topics where your “reward-to-effort” ratio is highest.

Eh. I think you missed the part where he said he finished reading everything…TWICE! To OP: Man you’re early and making great progress if you’ve already finished covering everything. Quant is one of my strengths (Econ major with Econometrics background), but I don’t think there’s any way around memorizing some of the formulas.

I can’t stand these questions. You’ve read through all the material - TWICE - with 70+ days left, and you’re unsure if you have enough time? How much more obvious does the answer have to be?

I understand your response MRL. Sometimes I can’t help but question the reasoning of some people on this forum. You have been through the bloody reading twice and this is what you come and post. Pseudo-bragging. Some of us started reading in February after getting December results. I really don’t know what the OP wants. I’ve just wasted 3 minutes of my time.

Bro you are nailing the exam, I feel you have sufficient time to read through quants again. Don’t memorize the concepts, I feel you should look at more videos etc to understand them (You can use Videos by Arif Irfanullah they are pretty good - Youtube channel is Fat Lady CFA)

This kind of post really stressed people out.

Just keep calm and do your thing.

Level III candidate here. I have been reading this forum since level one relatively religiously and you need to ignore posters like this. There are trolls out there, even on here. Whoever made the comment about pseudo bragging is accurate. Either that, or they are not even a real candidate and are simply trying to get a rise out of you. Most of us here are here to help one another. Unfortunately, some people see this program as a competition, which technically it is. If someone can post something like this and even get one or 2 people stressed out enough to fail then that is 2 more people they don’t need to outperform on the exam. When I see subject lines like this I SKIP THEM and do not reply. The helpful ones to read are actual questions about the material in the curriculum. The only reason I opened this one up was because I passed level 2 and have no reason to fear what is said. Read the books, watch some videos and do a lot of practice questions. There is no secret recipe to passing these tests. Put in the work, and pass, no excuses.

^^^^

This. :+1:

Where’s the fun in life if no one ever feeds the trolls?

I am on pace to finish the entire Schweser material + concept checkers + Challenge problems…by Saturday April 8th. Personally, that is exactly 8 weeks from gameday.

in those 8 weeks, I plan on doing (in this order): Topic tests, CFAI EOCs, and overall formula memorization. I dont touch a single mock until 5/1

Basically, Im using April to tie everything together, hopefully, and May to crush exams. I think that I am on the “early” side of things, considering many people (including me last year) dont finish the material until 5/1

Nothing wrong with trolling the trolls lol.

How were you able to orchestrate a special test date just for you?

#goshdamnLuckyYou

Sorry dude, didn’t want to offend anyone.

I also did the same last year but failed as a band 10. Very frustrating and wanted to see if i need to do more.

To make it to Level III?

#prolly

Your list of practice exams is more than enough. I heard that EOC, CFAI mock, topic tests are the most helpful. If you go through all of them you will definitely pass. For me, I won’t have time to go through everything so will have to do it selectively.