CFA Level 2: Review advice

Strategy for review for Level 2 Exam?

Current status: Completed CFAI books Deriv, FRA, Corp Fin, and PM. Finished Kaplan FI and Equity. Did all blue examples and EOC questions. I’m a retaker (Band 8), but I have not studied Ethics, Quant, AI, or Econ since last exam.

I haven’t reviewed anything yet. I’d like a suggestion on how to proceed. Should I do a Practice Exam now? Should I do EOCs from the topics I already hit now? Or, should I continue to complete the 4 topics I haven’t covered since last year?

Well you have still not covered a minimum of 25% of the exam so I think the best thing is to cover the remaining topics excluding ethics and simultaneously start doing EOC’s/BB/s again for all topics.

Quant shouldnt take too long, as long as you have a good handle on multiple regression then you will have a good handle on single regression (so should save time) AI is long but for me needs a lot of work. On the surface it seems easy but all the different property valuations etc does get confusing so spend some time there.

Econ you should have a good grasp on. I would be really surprised if FX didnt come up, so spend time on this section understanding your cross rates, parity conditions, trian Arb. and Carry’s.

You still have time so no need to panic. If you can complete the remaining topics and start practice questions you will be in good stead for May review.

Thanks. I like the idea of doing the simultaneous review with the uncovered curriculum.