40 DAY PLAN

There are 40 days to go more or less and I’m just starting the level II study process. You can bash me later but I had my personal reasons where those took priority. Again, please only comment if you can help.

What do you think is the best way to prepare, given the short time span and no expectations, with 8-10 hours of daily effort, using only CFA books and possibly the 11th hour? (total study time would be around 350+ hours). Would you do all topic tests, blue box, and just refer to readings, or start with the EOC…

Sharing of your methods would be appreciated.

Focusing solely on CFA books with 40 days left? Not going to happen in my opinion. 11th hour would be a good place to start and focus on completing every single EOC and Topic Test; BBPs can be skipped IF you’re performing well on the EOCs (otherwise circle back to them). Best of luck!

Whenever in doubt…

#B

Believe in yourself. I believe in you.

Not really

You won’t be able to cover all the CFAI books. You’ll go nuts. Buy Schweser or any other third party books. Start with the topics with most weight in the exam (i.e. Equity, FRA, FI, D, CF). Leave Ethics for the final week. Skim through PM, AI, Econ, Quant, but make sure you understand (and remember) all the key points in the Schweser quicksheet. Do all the topic tests on the CFA website, and the practice exams. That’s what I’d do if I were in your place. I wouldn’t do it at all actually, because spending money for something so risky isn’t worth it when you can greatly eliminate the chances of failing by waiting a year.

11th study guide —> check CFAI books concept that you don’t grasp —> do blu box and EOC after every reading --> test your understanding with topic test

rince and repeat until you start doing mock and i’m pretty sure you can succeed. Stay confident and believe in yourself

coffee, load up, stress super hard and condense a year’s worth of material into 30 days.

It has been done before, only legends pass this is 30 days.

I wish you the best of luck.

I think Schweser + EOC is your best bet!! Not would only refer to CFAI if needed.

I suggest that you use schweser notes - you have enough time to read each topic 3 times following this plan:

First time: Readings + Concept Checkers + Challenge Problems

Second time: Readings + Concept Checkers + Challenge Problems + Blue Box Problems & EOC (curriculum)

Third time: Readings + Concept Checkers + Challenge Problems + Blue Box Problems & EOC (curriculum) + Topic tests on your candidate resources on CFA website

Do not focus too much on things you don’t understand at the beginning, i/by dint of repeating you will end up understanding and ii/the goal is not to have 100%.

Good luck mate and I am pretty sure that you will unlock the level 2 if you follow this plan :)))))

i dont have schwaser or any prep provider im hoping to do EOC & topic tests over & over & refer back to material with last few days watching some videos on youtube…hope that works out

How are you going with your 8 - 10 hours/day? If you are keeping that up, then your 350+ hours should be plenty of time to go through all the CFA material with 11th hour as revision. I would suggest doing a mock exam or three a week before June exam to highlight areas you need to focus revision on. I have found videos by Dr Mark Meldrum on Vimeo very useful also. All the best with the preparation.