CFAI test and QBANK

Hi guys

I have a question: I tried one of the CFAI test on FRA. (the one with the Sweden subsidiary), and I made 2/6.

However, I took the Schweser QBank this year, and I had around 75-80% almost every time on FRA.

I think the CFAI test are considerably harder than the QBank. I am a bit scared, because I dedicated a lot of energy.

Two weeks before the exam, what do you think?

Thx

There is no point doing Qbank in level 2. I suggest you stop doing that, and spend time doing topic test and end of chapter case set.

There is no point doing Qbank in level 2. I suggest you stop doing that, and spend time doing topic test and end of chapter case set.

>>Why? That’s to easy?

>>I have done it, and I succeeded globally.

I am affraid it’s too late.

Qbank questions are straight forward, and you will not have that type of questions in the exam. the Qbank does help in testing your knowledge, but to be well prepared for the exam, you will have to go over the topic tests and EOC questions.

You got 2/6 on Eriksson TT. Good achievment, since this is way the hardest one around.

Try some others, there are plenty.

Good achievment?

I wonder who could feel confident with that score.

I just hope the exam case are not that hard

for context, that topic test is notorious for being the damn hardest one of all.

it’s becoming a meme, if I can say, among level 2 candidates in analystforum

I disagree wholeheartedly that the QBank is “worthless” for L2. the only reason people say that is because they (correctly) state that the QBank is NOT MEANT TO be taken in lieu of actual practice exams and Topic Tests.

But to say the QBank doesnt have any value at all? I think it has tons of value in two ways:

1. brute-force formula memorization. its one thing to flip thru flashcards endlessly trying to remember some big clunky formula that wont stick (for instance, adjusted R squared, or H-Model Valuation) its another thing entirely to actually USE the formula within the context of solving a question. if your brain works like most peoples brains, i guarantee you the latter method is more effective to memorize formulas

2. the QBank drills things into your head with repetition. the qualitative “you either know it or you dont” concepts are beaten TO DEATH in the QBank, so if you keep answering Qs youll get it to stick.

Having said that, you shouldnt be comparing your QBank scores to anything. frankly, they are meaningless because they just arent nearly as difficult as any type of item set. But I think theyre worthwhile, just just to be prioritized over TTs and Mocks. My .02

i did the EOCs almost thrice for FRA. but there are some questions in the topics tests that have never formally been introduced in the EOCs.

i just took Eriksson too and got 3/6

Not encouraging but I am glad to know I am in the same boat as everyone else.

I completed level I in december 2016. So I registered for level 2 this Session. Maybe I made an error because I have just realized I was short too short in time.

i also completed level 1 in December 2016

i also completed level 1 in December 2016

Are you confident in succeeding this session?

yes, hoping for the best

how hard do you find the Topic test?

(The EOC question are rather easy)

i’ve gone over topic test 4 times already so I feel comfortable with them. they are not that hard, except ERIKSON