Why can I never feel good about ethics?

done with all ethics TTs now. Aggregate score of 32/48

frankly. I’m happy with it. But I’m not happy with how I feel. I still don’t feel good about ethics and whenever I’m taking an item set my 2s “feel” the same as my 5s. I legit have no idea how I’m doing.

Have you guys been scoring similarly on the ethics TTs? Do you think they’re harder or easier than Schweser (I think they’re the same)

My worst subject by far. I did all the TT, probably scored 55% on the ethics.

There are so many details, that you just need to know everything because tons of scenarios can be laid out.

Many people say to “think like a lawyer”, the problem is that there are “rules” and “procedures” to follow (which go far beyond “plain” intuition).

I will just keep reading from the curriculum the topics that I feel I don’t know very well.

the key to Ethics is having good English fluency and reading comprehension.

if English is your second language, then I’m afraid you might be disadvantaged.

from my experience in TT, Mocks and EOCs: a single word in the vignette/question can change everything.

Just keep practicing… Do all the examples in the curriculum and all EOCs. If you have third party practice exams, do them too. Just keep practicing. You will be fine.

Do all questions again, mark them easy/hard before you answer. If you get the easy right, move on. If you get easy wrong, study that again and revisit in a few days. Same for hard whether you got it right or wrong. Rinse, repeat. You will get a good “feel” for how you are doing that way.

I already gave up Ethics because due to nasty circumstances I lost significant time of (pre-scheduled) study in these last weeks, so I’m focusing on everything else and I will try and tackle ethics for next year differently.

But I have read the curriculum, went through the case studies 2 times, done the EOCs with 75% at first try, and then I cn barely hit a 3/6 in the TTs, rather 2/6. Same with the mock.

It must be a combination of English reading comprehension problem, coupled with rushing when I read because I’m a bit slower than I should be in all other areas as well.

Same here. I’m never confident with Ethics, even at level 1. Answers are never black and white. From Level 1 experience, i think CFAI questions represent the real exam better than Schweser (in terms of the language, length of text/questions). Schweser questions are very long and wordy, but the scenarios are much more clear, i can easily tell which one is the right answer, whereas CFAI questions are short, but the scenarios are vague. So this year i only do TT and EOC instead, wouldn’t bother with Schweser.

on the contrary, answers are black and white. CFAI already know the correct answer to each question and they want you to identify it. put aside your own perceptions, point of view, ideologies and moral compass (things like oh, this guy only buys 1 share after getting a material nonpublic info and he is in need of money, to me this is alright). CFAI wants you to think like them.

FWIW, I am getting 4/6s on ethics item sets in both schweser, and the TTs. I see little to no difference in difficulty. 4/6 is where i wanna be but i just never feel good. i think ill do the @blueberryjam method maybe. would be good to see what i feel about each queation beforehand

Maybe, deep down, you’re simply not ethical.

:wink: