Wiley Calculation Errors?

Is anyone else using Wiley and notice several errors in their practice problems? I reported a few things last weekend I still haven’t heard back on, and just found two more errors. I thought it was me, but I had my engineer husband work the problem and he came up with the same results, I also plugged it into and online algebra calculator and came up with the same answer.

Hi msc2488,

I am using the wiley materials as well and have noticed countless errors in their practice problems. I didn’t notice any in the mock exams, but the practice problems are full of errors.

WIley is so unresponsive. Their 11th hour review videos on PM, whole topics are missed out and they haven’t responded yet :frowning:

I really liked Wiley’s method of teaching the material as opposed to Schweser’s method of encouraging you to memorize it, IMHO.

However, as good as their teaching methods are, it doesn’t absolve them from the mistakes I have seen in their question bank and mocks. I have taken 2.5 of the 3 mocks they have and I think I have counted 10-15 questions which were either written very poorly or the answer was just flat out wrong. I’ve reached out to Wiley about these and, like wowpravin said, Wiley is remarkably unresponsive.

their second mock exam has questions on inventories which has been removed from the curriculum. It doesn’t look like their content team has spent so much time on the questions as they claim to because this is an appalling oversight

Wiley’s video lectures and study materials are the best, in my opinion. Their mock exams for L2 however were an absolute train wreck. Many spelling/grammar issues, poorly worded questions/item sets, and the cherry on top is seeing an item set devoted to inventory when the curriculum for 2017 removed the reading entirely. It just seemed sloppy and careless on the part of Wiley… was very disappointed.

Reading what you wrote reminded of what I saw in a L2 Wiley mock last year - Asset back securities had been mostly removed from the curriculum between 2015 and 2016 and I remember seeing a full 6 question item set on ABS.I was so frustrated, I skipped the entire item set and wrote Wiley a strongly worded email.

It’s really ridiculous. I purchased their Platinum package, so it wasn’t cheap, and to see such careless mistakes on their mocks is frustrating to say the least. Missing something so obvious to me means no one from their team looked at the mocks for 2017 before they were released.

In the process of doing Exam 2 AM mock, what a laugh seeing an item set on inventories.

Very very sloppy.