Kaplan Mocks - Losing Hope

Have now taken 4 mocks with scores ranging 57-65. Feel like I’ve hit a wall and just not scoring high enough to pass. So damn frustrating.

Your scores aren’t that bad, and I’d venture to say a 63+ is a pass on exam day. Considering the mocks you’re taking are likely to be more difficult than what you’ll see on exam day, I say you have a decent shot of passing. Keep your head up going into this last week and keep trying to tie up any loose ends you can in the material that’s still giving you trouble.

I deliberately started off with Schweser Mocks from Vol. 2 two weeks ago and got smashed. Some of the questions were really difficult and the questions extremely detailed! I really struggled throughout Vol. 2. Scores ranged between 50-62. I then zoomed out, carefully reviewed my mistakes and tried to close my gaps by re-reading some blue boxes.

I feel this has really helped me and pushed me up a notch or two. My current mock scores range between 63 and 77.

If I can get somewhat more consistent in the next few days, I am very helpful for Saturday.

Scores ranging 57-65 really are not that bad. You are definitely very close, so keep going. In addition, you might encounter a few questions that you have come across in your mocks, so you are very likely to do better on exam day.

Poor Mock scores are not a bad thing; you start panicking and work twice as hard as before:) It’s part of one’s preparation I guess and probably happens to most CFA candidates.

I took one Schweser mock before Level II and scored a miserable 55%. Everyone has topics that are chill and others that are mind numbing to think through, to say the least. Pray that the topics you’re strong on are heavily tested and that for once the Gods shine down on you and skimp on topics that your worst. When I sat for the exam, I was certain that if there were 2 stats vignettes, I would fail for sure. There weren’t and I passed.

I took multiple Kaplan and scored consistently well above 70. But the CFAI Mocks are another level, making me wonder if Kaplan Mocks are an accurate measure :frowning:

Just took another Kaplan mock on Book 2 and scored a 65%. At least I am somewhat consistent lol, just not quite good enough. Anyone else find the Kaplan mocks in their second volume pretty tricky/hard.