Ethics is killing me

I’ve just done AM and PM CFAI mocks and Ethics has been killing me. Looks like Shwesser and Wiley mocks were no help in that sense as I was averaging 5/6 on it. Scored 5/12 on the 2 AM ethics item sets and 3/6 in the PM ethics item set. Overall score of 77/120 which good have been a lot healthier if I managed to score half decently on ethics, didn’t do too well in equity either for some reason but I feel that can be rectified.

Apart from doing TT’s on ethics which I have yet to do, how else can I improve on it?

I have the same problem. I do very good on Ethics from eocs, or Schweser but somehow in the exam very very bad results. I know the Code and Standards by hard but somehow I overthink the vignettes or I don’t assume enough.

this is killing me. Any help pls!

I did quite well in CFAI mock ethics, when i did ethics i knew 2 of the answers i put could be wrong since i was unsure of wt to do in that situation, turn out i got 3 wrong in total. Got destroyed in equity for some reason and below 50% in that section, which is unexpected. I would suggest doing CFA ethics TT again, they help a lot.

Done all the ethics TT again. Did better on most of them with 4/5 out of 6. But there were a a couple where i got 3s. Guess I’ve got to hope for the best on exam day.

I want to say that you should just ignore your ethics score on CFAI mocks. I’ve read ethics several times over and I still don’t think I would get questions like those correct. I think the CFAI mocks ethics is way harder than the actual test will be. I hope at least.

Fingers crossed that you are right.

I am sorry to disappoint you, I am retaking the exam(band 10), and last year for me the Ethics seem more difficult than in Qbank or TT. Big part of my failure was due to ethics.

It is strange after at Level 1, I was doing close to 90%.

Read and Re-read ethics. You will get there…and yeah, the CFAI questions are crazy hard, but I think that’ll end up being a good thing :slight_smile:

not relying on ethics so if I get points its extra for me

This is literally me. My ethics score turned around a bit but it required some work. Re-read and make notes about all of the Ethics material. CFAI material, not 3rd party. When doing the Ethics TT, mocks, or whatever say why the other selections are wrong. I read that in another thread and it helped me because some answers I thought were right I ended up rationalizing as wrong and ended up choosing the right answer. Also what helped me was having my ethics notes up when I was doing TT. I would read it and see how a certain ethic standard fits with the question and why it may or may not be right so I understand how that standard applies better for certain situations.

And biggest thing of all at least for me is READ THE QUESTION. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dropped marks to least likely and most likely or having a certain detail like one TT at the top about underwriting which wasn’t even close to the paragraph relating to the question.

Ethics on the mock exam was really tricky. I also did much worse than I normally do.