Mps opinions, anyone?

Lets get the ball rolling on this one.

Please provide your input for L2 MPS this time around.

Kanu

ive heard 63% pretty consistently. but I have also heard as low as 60 or as high as 66. I really hope its not 66 that seems super high.

Given that many people are having mixed feelings over here, 66 seems a bit high for me as well.

Let us see…

I just posted this in another thread. The guy has some street cred and experience with CFA-related matters and some colleagues who were involved in previous MPS work. Hopefully this still applies. He may have learned it long ago before things changed.

Something my 3-Day instructor, Andy Holmes said about the MPS. It can be no more than the average top 1% of scores minus 30%. I’d be willing to bet there were some crazy people out there who got 98 and 99 on level 1 (setting the MPS near 68%, but definitely not level 2.

So my guess is a 62% or a 63%.

From what I know CFAI doesn’t want to review more than 5% of the papers, so they set MPS every year so that at least 47.5% of the distribution is in both tails - being automatic pass and automatic fail.

The MPS should be low 60s. Sometime 60,61,62 can also get a pass. I have also heard about the Ethics Bump. When people say MPS of 70, what they mean is to be 100% sure. However MPS should be low 60s.

66 MPS? No Way

My last year 40-60-80 score was 61% which i believe to be a fair estimate( and I also believe if Ethics were by my side i must have cleared), pegging my bet around 62% - 65%.

I have a shot at 61%. Definitely not 66%.

Band 9 in 2016.

Less than 50. AI. Corp F.

Between 51-70- Deri, Equity, Ethics, FI, PM

Over 71- Econ, FRA, QM.

I worked out a worst case scenario based on the above and it came out to 63%. I am pretty confident though that I didn’t score 0 in AI or Corp F. Plus I was pretty confident after the exam in 2016 that I killed every single FRA Q and Quants Q.

guys I am done for if MPS goes above 65.

by the way, anybody could let me know how many questions we could guess upon and get away with it.

I sort of found AM difficult as compared to PM. had to resort to narrowing down to a most likely option on 20 questions in AM.

as for PM: think i guessed on around 10.

My last year 40-60-80 score was 61% as well with Band 7. so i guess the MPS is around 65-70%

Difficult to say…No one knows for sure, but I am pretty sure they will look at the top scorer and then create bands.

Btw, how can you tell whether you have scored 51 % or 69 %? :wink:

I think your lower bands are overestimating your 40-60-80.

61% with 40-60-80 and Band 7 is near to impossibility

Totally agree with you @goodluck90

So it was kind of misleading to think a score of 65% might easily be good.

Honestly thinking back to the exam, and seeing the opinions here I think that a good part (half? 60%) of the questions was relatively easy for someone with a decent preparation.

The other half (or rather 40%) was either tricky, or from non-core segments of the material, or required you to think something over very deeply (or it was just ethics) so you must be either lucky, or better prepared to answer them correctly.

Most probably Band 7 to Band 10 are all scoring between 60% - 70%.

But I really started studying a year ago with the belief that Level II MPS is lower than Level I. In hindsight it must be the other way around.

Level I should have much more unprepared people who underestimate the exams and come in very unprepared (I have met a few).

I put up with the fact that I most probably will have to write this again, and I really wouldn’t mind if people (I mean the general finance public) would have an idea how hard these exams are. Because it’s so painful to explain that I was studying so much for an exam and I failed. Friends, colleagues, family just don’t understand. This is the thing bothering me most…

What is this MPS and how is it calculated ?

If I get 50 - 70 in 2 topics and above 70 in others s there any possibility to pass?

Moosey, just pray and hope for the best mate. I pray it goes well for all of us here at AF.

From what I have seen is that generally the candidates on AF seem to prepare much better than others, and I hope it goes well for all of us!

given the fact that the exam was not that hard, i’m thinking the passing rate should be around 67%

This.