Exam weight!

Hi Guys,

Does any one know if we can discuss the actual exam weight? I honestly can’t recall if that is a restriction or not!

Thanks

Hi there,

No, we are not supposed to discuss it.

We cant… I think it’s stupid. I’m a licensed attorney, and one can come out of the bar exam and say whatever he or she wants about the exam. This policy is ridiculous.

putting on weight during the exam can be tough…good thing you’ve got the summer to work it off! Remember, keep fit and have fun!

Yeah, but at least they let us express that opinion, so there is a bit of a silver lining. I’m an actuary and it’s amazing the difference between what is and isn’t allowed. There, you can’t take the materials with you (obviously), so that is the same, but everyone talks about the specific problems. They seem to do just fine keeping the credential valuable and the barrier to entry sufficiently high and make sure people need to know their stuff to pass the exams, so it is a little bizzare. And, how do the prep providers provide practice questions that are so close to reality if no one tells them anything about the actual exam?

No we aren’t allowed BUT…it is not really that hard to indirectly. For instance, I said on a previous post that: “I just lovedddd the weighting they gave to derivatives on Saturday”. I think anyone that is a L2 candidate can guess what I mean by that and the implied sarcasm :wink:

I have always wondered how can prep providers and tutors give advices like "you should / should not expect this on the exam. But maybe it’s possible purely looking at the official CFAI curriculums.

Btw. can non-registered persons order the curriculum? And see the mock and the topic tests? I assume those who teach the material on these many courses have access to it and they don’t need to register. Or maybe they go and write the exam just for fun?

Pretty sure the CFAI works with the prep providers to make sure they have access to the curriculum, and any changes that are made year to year. Beyond that it shouldn’t be too difficult for a prep provider to gain access to the online topic tests/mock if they want to.