What are you doing with your time off?

I’ve finding it so easy to get sucked into a black hole thread about mps, the exam, and driving oneself nuts about whether a problem set 3/6 or 5/6. Just got to stop thinking about it all. So what’s everyone going to do the next two months?

For me it’ll be relaxing and getting back to the mundane: Clean the office full of CFA notes, books, printouts Beach Sleep Gym Cooking meals again.

Hope everyone is reintegrating back to normal life.

Same here, plus going out on more dates. Looking forward to traveling to Europe for a wedding next month. Results will most likely come out while I’m flying home…

had to come back to work so actually good to “forget”.

I really try to FORGET the exam (not thinking about the questions & my answers… I did not have a look at the books to check whether I was wrong or right…).

And like you, lot of sleep during the weekends :slight_smile:

Stopped working out 1 month before the exam because I usually need to sleep 8-10 hours on workout days. I could stay up past 2am without it. Also, the pool opened last week. Definitely swimming everyday after work.

I have found out that a nice woman and three cute kids are living in the same house as me. Just hope they still do after i retake the exam in june. First attempt is just supposed to give you the hang of things isnt it?

Some questions are still driving me nuts too. Wishing I would not stress about these few questions, because I am sure the overall performance was alright But all this MPS speculation is not really helping…

And everyone does stupid mistakes, no? But as long as we have not committed more of 5 of such stupid mistakes, guessed another 15 wrong and got another 20 completely wrong, we should hopefully be fine…

Today, I …

1. signed up for driving lessons. I have got a driving license, but feel I need to practice more. Don’t own a car and have not been driving in a while, so that should be fun.

2. signed up for dancing lessons. I am so bad at it, but have convinced myself to do something about it. Don’t just want to stand around and move awkwardly in clubs any longer.

Definitely want to make most of my free time and keep myself busy.

In general, I will definitely spend more time with friends + girlfriend. Looking forward to having a social life again. That feels really good, but I need to get used to it again. I am still very much in CFA mode.

I am very impressed by the capacity to concentrate and dedicate sufficient time to revisions (on top to the daily job) in such a familial context! Congrats!

I have just found out the hard way that breezing throught the L1 in desember, and waiting until march to start preparation was not nearly enought. Not that it is not possible for others, but lack of preparation made it easy to throw me off. That again led to a shortage of time. Unfortunately i know enought about the binominal distribution with P=,3333 to realize that it is just as good an idea to start again now and have 6 more weeks of preparation;-)

Wish i did this 20+ years ago when my mind and concentration was at its peak, and without all the beautiful and cute distractions around me!

On Sunday afternoon my roomate and I brought our foosball table out to the front yard so we could play foosball, drink beer, and get some sun. We couldn’t get the table level just perfectly on the grass… until I stuck a bunch of thick ass books titled “fixed income and derivatives” underneath the legs of the table.

It was a good time.

LOL. Sounds like a Ron Swanson kinda afternoon.

Good idea. I’ll use a bunch of the Schweser books to do weighted pullups.

Run, read, tennis and watch NBA finals and French Open.

Same here. I put on a few lbs these last 5-6 weeks. Back to the gym for sure and maybe reading a book not CFA related. I’m also thinking about checking in to see if my wife and daughter still remember me…

I’ve been spending some time with my gf who is from Germany. We’ve already planned weekend trips until she heads home at the end of July which is going to be around the same time level 2 results come out. Hopefully it won’t be a double whammy lol.

Simply sitting there doing nothing feels great!

I was motivated to get back in shape after the exam, so I went for a run on monday and I twisted my ankle in a pothole. I can barely walk now.

Plan B: be a piece of s**t , stay home and watch netflix

Doing absolutely nothing, and feeling darn good about it. Really just trying to develop good habits. Stuffing my face with junk food while studying/worrying about the exam 24/7 for the past few months isn’t healthy.

Also, one more thing I’m excited about not doing for the next several months is waking up several times a night to check the formulas for Half Method or EVA or temporal vs Current method. It’s nice to have some sort of sanity back, at least for a few months.

Ah, in my time off, I think I must do some sport. I don’t fit my pants anymore :-|.

Timely ordered a couple of books on Wednesday before the exam. Good mix of finance, politics and strategy.

Beach vacation is around the corner.

Going back to exercising and having more time to see friends, socialize, drink whenever I want and date.

Damn, if you look at what the “fun” activities now are, one could get the impression life was miserable for tha past months

I put the BSM and H-model formulas in my tinder bio. Make the ladies think you’re smart and 6 foot two… what could go wrong?

1 Like