Failed at Band10: Should I request for a retabulate?

here is my results: (band10)

<=50: portfolio management, derivatives

%51-%70: alternative investments, economics, ethics, FRA, quant

>70: equity, fixed income, corporate finance

i had some unfortunate events just before the exam. i know that this is not an excuse but thinking the “what if” scenarios driving me crazy. what if i had scored one more question? what if i was fully healthy just before the exam? what if… what if… what if…

i am considering of a retabulation. Are there anyone who has some experience with this retabulation? Is it worth to spend 100$? And do you suggest me to do it?

It all depends on what 100 bucks means to you. If you don’t care and just want to confirm your result, then go for it, otherwise don’t throw your money in the black hole. To be honest, I’ve never heard of anyone receiving a pass via retabulation.

Band 10 two years in a row. Such a terrible feeling. Not really sure what to do, to be honest.

If you erased a lot of answers, and think possibly their might be stray marks on your answer sheet causing Scantron errors, I think it’s worth $100, otherwise go after it next year.

I just passed L2 on my FIFTH attempt… go hard after FRA, EQ, and FI next year and try again if you like this curriculum.

I have changed at least 5 answers. But I made sure that I deleted my marks as perfect as I can.

I have changed at least 5 answers. But I made sure that I deleted my marks as perfect as I can.

I took level 2 three times. On the second time, I got band 10 and requested a retab. Nothing changed and I lost my $100, but atleast I knew there weren’t any crazy grading errors. Chances are the retab won’t work, but if it’s worth $100 to you to know that there were no errors in the Scantron, then I’d say pay it.

Keep your money. CFAI has never overturned a grading from what I’ve heard from a long time professor that is close to many at the institute. I think that it was been verified elsewhere as well.

I may request for a retabulation too. I could not believe I am below 50% on any of the four sections, especially the ethics part. I had 70%+ in every exam attempt in ethics, whether level 1 (once) or level 2 (previous two tries).

<=50: AI (18), CF (36), Ethics (36), FRA (72)

%51-%70: Econ (18), Quant (18)

>70: Derivatives (36), Equity (54), FI (36), PM (18)

Band 10.

Saw this thread and if you read some of the posts, there were cases. There was even one case where no retab request was made but got a surprise reversal notice two months later. https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91445149#comment-91445149

I remember the morning part of the exam. I had a hard time erasing my previous answers and marks on the left side of the numbers (outside any ovals) so I would know where to come back after answering one full pass. They were hard to erase too. At least in my case, it possible the scanner may have something to do with it, but I am willing to pay $100 to conduct a manual investigation.

Nonetheless, I will review my L2 material. I’ll need it for June 2018 regardless of the outcome.

Band 10 in 2013, passed in 2014.

Been there, I know how you feel. Not passing is not easy to take especially with band 10.

To yourself, friends, family, me, and all of us you passed. You passed when you decided to pursue such difficult challenge where many others fear even think of. You passed by studying hours and working hard and giving up many things to pursue your dream. We are all bigger than these 3 letters.

Forget about the exam now completely. Enjoy summer and do everything you love to do. Come back stronger and more fresh in Jan/Feb. You will “officially” pass. And remember, it is all about the journey not the result

respekt

+1 on the respect.

plus two on the respect.

i run 100 mile races and it took me6 tries to get to the finish of one so I have some idea of the perseverance and dedication you have. Huge congratulations!!

Thanks, appreciate it… I’m doing this for continuing education, so at first I didn’t realize the effort required to pass, and I didn’t get real serious till the 3rd attempt (Band 5), then (Band 9), finally pass this year. I’m also a runner and play competitive tennis, so that keeps up my energy level and endurance to do this…

If I were you, I’ll request for retabulation.

100$ is the price not only for having chance of passing, but also makes you sleep well and have no regret.

but do you know anybody who had a positive return from the retab process?

but do you know anybody who had a positive return from the retab process?

theory is that they only offer it to avoid lawsuits… all they do is add AM + PM scores to confirm grade…

+1