CFA Lv2 Band 10: Cannot accept the reality :(

Hello colleagues,

Last night I could not sleep at all because of my performance result. I know that it is no use crying over spilt milk. But I want to see if there are any other guys who are in a same boat like me. Anyway, congratuation on folks who passed this exam. :slight_smile:

* 3 topic (AI-18, CF-36, FI-36): >70%

* 6 topic (DR-36, EQ-54, Ethics-36, FRA-72, PM-18, QM-36): 50-70%

* 1 topic (ECON-18) : <50%

i am in the same boat. do you consider a retabulation just to clear your head?

Actually not. I noticed that I did not score high with the topics that weighs large points such as FRA, EQ. That would make my status at the threshold. Furthermore, I don’t think CFA institute provides exact percentage of my position. Still would retabulation be worthwhile?

From reading the forums here unless you felt you aced the exam and get a band 2 a retab is pointless, more so at level 2 than 3 as it’s 100% machine marked. If you can’t let it go then retab it no harm but don’t expect a diff result. It sucks so bad but the majority of people have failed.

also consider that some of your 50-70 scores could be 3/6 not 4/6 and your >70 could be 5/6

I’m sorry to hear that fksu. You were marginally off by a few marks.

My advice next year is to do more mocks, more questions. Hopefully come D day you will be averaging near the 70’s in practice questions which will hopefully give you a bit of margin on the day incase things dont go your way.

Of course there will always be curve balls on the day, and you will need some luck on your guesses but ultimately it is hard to give advice to a band 10 as you are basically there.

Good luck to you next year.

* 3 topic (DR-36, EQ-54 , FI-36): >70%

* 6 topic (Ethics-36, FRA-72, ECON-18, QM-36, AI-18, CF-36): 50-70%

* 1 topic (PM-18) : <50%

You were close. This was my second attempt and passed with the above scores. The big difference was equities for alternatives. I’m relatively stong in FRA so I’m guessing i was close to >70 in that section too.

Keep at it and you get it next year. There’s no rush and you’ll be better prepared for L3 anyway.